Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #16
Magic Matt
Magic Matt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle eReader 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
please READ the thread's previous posts , I have twice already explained 1) I do that already 2) that is not the point of the thread- which it to question why ebay and amazon will not co-operate
you are the 2nd inattentive poster who has "advised" me to install google play , after i have twice written that I already did that
It always amuses me when somebody has a go at me for not reading, because they didn't read my post, even though it was three short sentences.

Sentence three read "Amazon don't want eBay on Kindle because it competes with their Market Place, so they're not going to resolve it."

How is that not answering your question?

Magic Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #17
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Matt View Post
It always amuses me when somebody has a go at me for not reading, because they didn't read my post, even though it was three short sentences.

Sentence three read "Amazon don't want eBay on Kindle because it competes with their Market Place, so they're not going to resolve it."

How is that not answering your question?

It isn't Amazon's place to keep the apps maintained. That is strictly on the app owner.

Your post was not an answer to the question, but a statement.

Another case of blame Amazon because the other party can't be wrong.

If Amazon hadn't wanted the App they wouldn't have let ebay put it up in the first place.
Though dumb question: how does a used marketplace (ebay) hurt a new retail marketplace (Amazon).

That would be like saying Salvation Army/Goodwill hurt the clothing stores.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #18
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Glad to find this out now. When I upgrade my next device, I'll have to choose something that will let me use Ebay. My Itouch still works with Ebay (I'm listing lots of things just now), but eventually the updates won't work and I don't need a Smartphone. I guess I'll eventually have to get that Samsung which means I'll won't be upgrading any Fires.

Last edited by Tarana; 12-04-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:06 AM   #19
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
So Amazon store ebay app was allowed to die overnight.
YouTube fiasco on fire tv is ongoing.
1. I Tried the official watch in silk browser instead , frequent pauses on a very fast connection.
2. Wasted half a day sideloading android tv versions of you tube. V2 will not search. It is set to look for Google voice search only.no keyboard search. V1.3 will allow keyboard search. Neither will allow with in. There is no working version of Google account manager for latest fire os
3. I do not use Facebook but I see comments that that app is badly oudated also.
Amazon are too stubborn for their own good.
4. Google play YouTube on fire tablets still works, for now
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote