Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
crash86
Enthusiast
crash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle 3, K4 and PW 1st gen
starting to get hacked off

ok here's the thing, my e-reader has been taking a while to reload whenever I download a new book into it but today takes the cake! I just bought 3 books off of Waterstones and downloaded the books onto my reader and its been 20 minutes and its still reloading!

I am used to it taking up to 5 min or so to reload but this is really getting on my nerves now.

While I do have about 60 books on the reader I do have a SD card with about 600 books on it but still never took this long before.... anyone else have this sort of prolonged reload?
crash86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 AM   #2
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
are you sure it's still reloading? (Is the indicator still going round?

I used to have just under 400 on internal memory and it used to take a minute or two. But never that long. It did crash once though and I only realised it wasn't still reloading because the indicator was static. I reset and turned it back on and it was fine.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 AM   #3
crash86
Enthusiast
crash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle 3, K4 and PW 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
are you sure it's still reloading? (Is the indicator still going round?

I used to have just under 400 on internal memory and it used to take a minute or two. But never that long. It did crash once though and I only realised it wasn't still reloading because the indicator was static. I reset and turned it back on and it was fine.
the arrows were still spinning, if you want to call what they were doing was spinning a snail would have been quicker, and in the end it took almost 35 minutes.

I have had to reset the reader a few times for getting stuck while reloading. I did have almost 800 books on my reader between the unit and the SD card and it would never take more than 5 minutes to reload. wonder if I should just take out the SD card and use the internal memory cause that takes no time at all to reload.

the other thing it has been doing lately is taking a while to load from the menu to the book or from menu to page, not the usual few seconds but a bit longer than that.... maybe i've worn the poor thing out... it's only about 8 months old but... who knows but it is annoying
crash86 is offline   Reply With Quote