Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #1
veocolores
Enthusiast
veocolores doesn't litterveocolores doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook
Problems with Mobipocket dictionaries

Hi all, if you don't mind, I repost part of other post I've made before, as it may fit better here:

I've tried some dictionaries, (demos and free ones), but when I make a search inside a book, even showing me a list of possible matching words, after selcecting one of theese, a blank page is showed, and the Cybook starts working bad. You need to go to the library in order to be able to keep on reading, and no result at all was given.

The only way I could get a dictionary working, was making one on my own, only for testing pupouses I've made one, with only a word, and when I search for that word from a book, it works perfectly.

Just in case it was important, I'm making theese dictionary searching from ebooks in txt format, not from prc.

Thank a lot for your help.

PD: I'm sorry if I've made a lot of mistakes writing in english, I usually read it, but don't write it at all.

Bye
veocolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by veocolores View Post
Hi all, if you don't mind, I repost part of other post I've made before, as it may fit better here:

I've tried some dictionaries, (demos and free ones), but when I make a search inside a book, even showing me a list of possible matching words, after selcecting one of theese, a blank page is showed, and the Cybook starts working bad. You need to go to the library in order to be able to keep on reading, and no result at all was given.

The only way I could get a dictionary working, was making one on my own, only for testing pupouses I've made one, with only a word, and when I search for that word from a book, it works perfectly.

Just in case it was important, I'm making theese dictionary searching from ebooks in txt format, not from prc.

Thank a lot for your help.

PD: I'm sorry if I've made a lot of mistakes writing in english, I usually read it, but don't write it at all.

Bye
Which ones are these? Does this include the free one bundled with the Cybook?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
veocolores
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Which ones are these? Does this include the free one bundled with the Cybook?

Hi!,

No, I've deleted all the initial stuff from the Ebook.

I've put "WordNet" and a demo of "Diccionario General de la Lengua Española", the last one downloaded from Mobipocket.

Whenever I try to open them from the library, I get blank pages, and if I open the menu, it keeps visible, even if choose an option of the menu. Only when I push the back menu button enough times, I get back to the library.

When I use the option of search words from an Ebook (txt or prc), I get the same, the sreen gets blank (no words at all, and no messages on any kind), and I have to use the back button to go to the library and then need to open the book again (it doesn't go directly back to the book).

I cant't uderstand why this happens, is there any way to download the initial books present on the CyBook??, Just for testing purpouses.

Thanks a lot for your response.

By.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:12 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I have no experience with either of these two dictionaries you've used.
Generally they are not designed to be used alone, just as look-up from a book you are reading.
The search word option on mine either goes to the choice of word, or gives a "not found".

I'm wondering if the dictionaries you have are 'empty' (hence the blank pages!).

There are a couple of dictionaries in the ebook area of MR, under reference - you could try one of those and see if you can get anything to work.....

Sorry I can't shed any other light on this - it must be frustrating for you ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #5
veocolores
Enthusiast

Hi,

I've just checked that both dictionaries have content (using the PC version of mobipocket reader).

I've downloaded from mobileread: "GNU Collaborative International Dictionary...", and the "Webster 1913....", and still with the same problems.

What scares me more is that I've just downloaded the Users Guide of the Cybook, from Bookeen's site, and after installing it in the device, I only can see the cover and TOC, but when I advance in reading, clicking on a TOC link or just page after page, no content is showed on the screen. This book, as the others, works perfectly on the computer.

Ohoh!!, more problems that I've expected to have.

Thanks for your help.

By
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #6
veocolores
Enthusiast

Uh, uh!!!,

I think I've figured out what is happening!!!!

I will try some more testings, but I think it's a matter of the FONTS!!!, I've installed and used some "Standard" TTF fonts from my PC (Arial and others), and they worked perfectly with TXT eBooks, but seems to be problematic with PRC files.

As soon as I've completely check it, I will post my results.

Thanks!

Bye (Oh!, always writing bad this word...., jjeje)
Old 02-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #7
veocolores
Enthusiast

YEEEES!!!, SOLVED!!!

YEEEEAAH!!!,

Finaly it was a matter of the choosen TTF font!!, I works fine now!!!, with english and spanish dictionaries, and form PRC and TXT files!!!

Thanks a lot!

Bye!