Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #901
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
More editing on my essay yesterday, will make one more pass through it today and begin the marketing process as I want to go traditional with this one...it may be a long slough.

Also go a trigger for a new story which I'd like to flesh out a bit, but also need to get a couple of older things moving along today (one essay, one story).
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 AM   #902
SerenaFairfax
Book Author
SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Ipad
Talking What are you currently writing

Into the first draft of a novel about a minority community in India viewed from the perspective of a Westerner who marries into it.
SerenaFairfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #903
tonymcfadden
Writer guy
tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
{without links this time}

1st draft of number 6, a North Korean based thriller, is in the hands (and kindles) of beta readers, currently plotting number 7 with my son. Sonny boy has had a couple of good ideas and I think I'll have to negotiate a co-authorship with him. It's a crime thriller/mystery set in Miami, my favorite town to populate with mobsters.
tonymcfadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #904
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Just this week began working on my second novel, a sequel to my first.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #905
Echase
Connoisseur
Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm working on writing my 3rd novel, about 40,000 words in right now. Also, working on editing my 2nd novel.
Echase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #906
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Definitely in a slump here for a number of reasons.....oh well....this too shall pass....only writing I've done in the last few weeks has been in my journal....
Old 07-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #907
MichaelSullivan
Enthusiast
MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
I have way too many projects ongoing...
  • New 2-book series - in contract negotiations, which I hope will be wrapped up soon.
  • A standalone novel which I've received beta-feedback on and need to do some changes to.
  • A new series which I plan to start writing in th fall that I'm currently doing research for
  • About 20% in my current work in progress - a new novel whose idea came from a short story
  • Editing two short stories for anthologies
MichaelSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #908
bigjantailor
Defender of Consciousness
bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Trying to write a sci-fi call God Good Urge or How I turn my girl freind into a robot and a short piece call Washington Salon (not the type you get your hair done at).

Have fun, Jan
bigjantailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #909
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I finished re-writing the first half of my second book (noted earlier), and editing the second half to fit in with the subtle changes. AND I've had my first reaction to those changes - very positive! Yippee!!! It turned out to be much less of a problem than I was expecting/dreading. I was able to retain a lot of what I had before, just altered the way it was presented: re-arranged, re-timed and nibbled back a bit. Which is how I managed to get it done in only a month (well, that, and ignoring the work I actually get paid for - or would if I had been doing it ... speaking of which, that's what I should be doing now).

Next up: The next two books in the series. One is perhaps two thirds done, though I am still not sure if that one will be published (it's a back-story sort of thing). The other, hopefully final, book in the series is going to be a big challenge, I just hope I'm up to it.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #910
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjantailor View Post
Trying to write a sci-fi call God Good Urge or How I turn my girl freind into a robot....
That sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind having a robot body if it was upgradable, built for the weather, and the company offered stellar customer support. I wouldn't want to end up like the tin man just because I decided to chop a bit of wood in the rain.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #911
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Thought I'd have a go at some chick-lit. Seems easy enough to write, the prologue went from idea to blog in about 45 minutes. Just need to think of a suitable plot now.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #912
hughhowey
Enthusiast
hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just finished a zombie book and am heading back to the world of the silo for book 7 in that series.
hughhowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #913
kennyc

Excellent!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #914
tonymcfadden
Writer guy
tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm in the final sprint of "Daly Battles - The Fall of Pyongyang" A Matt Daly Adventure -> An international thriller set in North Korea. Feedback from beta-readers has been incorporated and now I"m looking for a few readers willing to review e-ARCs (electronic Advance Review Copies). Is there a thread on this board for ARC requests?
tonymcfadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #915
mesquite
A tree.
mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm in the BEGINNING stages of writing a first draft of what I would call a "Psychological Thriller". I've run it by a few people the early few chapters I've done (10 of them, including a prologue) and gotten positive feedback but I'm flummoxed by trying to stretch out the chapter lengths (10-15 pages if viewed in an e-reader) and how many overall chapters I should write (with the inclusion of the Prologue and Epilogue).

At my current writing pace per chapter, I see myself writing in line with James Patterson. (4-5 pages per chapter and ending up with in excess of 100 chapters.) Writing in fact for me isn't something I enjoy but I sort of challenged myself to sit down and try to write. I hate research but I have researched and maybe stretched some facts (its fiction right, so that's okay?) but not totally out of proportion since there has to be SOME basis of plausibility.

I will say though as far as publication goes for me this is something on a personal level but I do feel comfortable with people reading it, I just want to have them enjoy it.

Any advice, mentoring, counselling would be greatly appreciated, especially since I feel like I'm reaching a pivotal plot point that I am having trouble to figure out how and where I want it to work out.

I just want to completely rough out the entire book in terms of "pre-production" meaning write as I see fit, have it looked over, edited, and then not really start over but work on the suggestions and add on to the chapters individually. I would consider this the start point before a completed written works is published.

Last edited by mesquite; 08-05-2012 at 04:00 PM.
mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote