Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Gecko PRS-T1 Leather Protection Cover

My Gecko PRS-T1 Leather Protection Cover arrived in the mail this week encased within the box as below;

Made from real leather with a suede panel that wraps around the spine to allow good hand grip while in being used, it is a stylish and very presentable cover. Equally important, the cover is very well made, with neat stitching around the edges adding to look and durability.

Inside, velvet protects the T1 from scratches and screen damage, whilst the cover closes easily with magnets along the outer edge of the rear cover. This eliminates the need for elastic ties and unsightly clasps.

The cover fits the T1 like a glove and I found that care must be taken to ensure the ereader is fully inserted within the leather sleeve. This will ensure that the stylus, once fitted securely within the leather loop does not prevent the cover from closing properly. Importantly, none of the ereaders buttons front or side are obscured or covered.

This would probably be one of the best covers available for the PRS-T1 on the market currently and comes in brown, black or burgundy.

Retail is around €30, with €6.50 postage outside of Europe.

http://www.geckocovers.com/sony-read...ion-cover.html

Last edited by sabredog; 05-09-2012 at 10:46 AM.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Ebby
Enthusiast
Ebby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs t1
Thank you for your review sabredog.

I have a couple of questions. The first is about the front cover.

I saw in an other post how the e-ink screen can be easy to break if there is too much pressure on it. I'm looking for a cover to use when I transport my reader in my bag, and in a bag there is a lots of thing who could make some pressure to the reader (the wallet for example).
My question is: is the front cover is enough hard to not touch the screen even if there is some pressure on it?

The second question is about the weight of the cover. Is it heavy?
Ebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The front cover is no more weightwise than any other cover I have purchased for my T1 and my other ereaders.

My T1 lives in my work satchel and survives very well indeed. I would not want to put too much weight on any ereader though, even with a good cover.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby View Post
My question is: is the front cover is enough hard to not touch the screen even if there is some pressure on it?

The second question is about the weight of the cover. Is it heavy?
The front cover is pretty rigid and is also padded on the outside, similarly the back cover. Weight (without the PRST1) is 132g.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Ebby
Enthusiast
Ebby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I would not want to put too much weight on any ereader though, even with a good cover.
Yes of course, but sometimes when you are on the go it could happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The front cover is pretty rigid and is also padded on the outside, similarly the back cover. Weight (without the PRST1) is 132g.
Hi Jackie, thank you for this very precise answer!
Ebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
toby53
Enthusiast
toby53 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1 & Basic KOBO
See that you have avery good taste in reading material!!
toby53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
Flip Martian
Connoisseur
Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.

Device: Sony PRS 350, iPad, Sony PRS-T1
Sabredog - many thanks for posting; just bought a T1 so on the lookout for a case and this has been really helpful.
Flip Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
sabredog

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby53 View Post
See that you have avery good taste in reading material!!
It is a great book. I enjoyed most of the Honor Harrington series thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Martian View Post
Sabredog - many thanks for posting; just bought a T1 so on the lookout for a case and this has been really helpful.
Not a problem, a highly recommended case.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #9
toby53
Enthusiast
toby53 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1 & Basic KOBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
It is a great book. I enjoyed most of the Honor Harrington series thus far.

toby53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover t1, gecko leather