Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 05:50 AM   #661
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
"V2" does not run on a firmware version older than 4.2.8283 ! On all devices.
It works with Aura One, but not in conjunction with the brightness control !

"V2" Is this version: https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz

This Is the "V2" version with a different nigthmode.ini.
Yes, you are right it is the same with a different nightmode.ini. But, that's not actually correct. YOUR version is the same as this one with a different nightmode.ini. What you have done is taken someone else's work and claimed it as your own. This is my problem. You might not have intended to do this, but the way you posted the hack makes it appear that way. And that it is different to the version already linked several times in this thread.

Your post also simply stated "except the Aura One", which is not actually true. Or at least not complete. It does work with the Aura one, just not in the way you want it to.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2017, 06:10 AM   #662
Elim Garak
Elim Garak
Elim Garak began at the beginning.

Device: Touch / Glo / Glo HD / Aura / Aura H2O / Aura One
Again back at # 660 look for Edit 1 later 1 + 2

Last edited by Elim Garak; 02-22-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Elim Garak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #663
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
Again back at # 660 look for Edit 1
I have no idea what you the question is that you have added. So let me make a statement:

The version of the nightmode hack at https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz is the ONLY version that should be used with firmware version 4.2.8283 or later. This is applicable to all Kobo devices running these firmware versions.

This version has a complete copy of the nightmode.ini which is documented. Reading this file you can work out how to configure the nightmode hack to suit you. As this file is put on the device is a location that anyone can edit when the device is connected to a PC, putting a customised version in the package will actually make it harder for others to configure the device. But, posting your settings in a thread like this as an example for others, is a good idea. Especially if you explain why you chose those settings.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #664
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo
Hi my friends,

I've updated my Glo (not HD) on FW 4.2.8432 and after I've installed the last nightmode plugin that is not the usual "build 13" but this one : https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz and all is ok !

The only difference that I can see is that when I turn ON the light, the light reaches its maximum power in 3 steps whereas before it was directly in one step and immediately but perhaps it comes from the FW and not from the nightmode plugin...

PS : sorry for my very bad english but you can correct my language mistakes and give me the good version !

Last edited by akorx; 02-23-2017 at 05:39 PM.
akorx is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch