Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #271
Deivid3g
Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G(BRICKED), Kobo GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by zufre View Post
Comics Reader (Kervala) works OK and is quite fast in my Nook ST. Perfect Reader worked OK too but is is slower. I guess they will work with this one. They are not eink friendly, though, so you will have constant refreshes but it is not too bad.
Other options are Comic Rack, Comitton and SCV. All of them allow you to get a zoom easily. They did not work with my Nook though.
Regards.
I will get a new SD card and try this android image on GLO. I like the Mobi Comic because have CRM and this in small screen work pretty well to read manga and HQ!
If do not work i will try your alternatives. Thanks.
Deivid3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #272
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid3g View Post
I will get a new SD card and try this android image on GLO. I like the Mobi Comic because have CRM and this in small screen work pretty well to read manga and HQ!
If do not work i will try your alternatives. Thanks.
You can always read in landscape mode...
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #273
eduardoc
eduardoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Have someone developed fast refresh for glo android, as in the nook? It would be very useful to read pdf.
I tried to install norefresh, the application used in nook, and tolino displays a message in german blocking the app.
eduardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:35 AM   #274
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
I installed in my Kobo Glo the rotate apk but it doesn't seem to work properly. When I activate it the screen doesn't seem to notice it when I push an icon. It seems as if it still thought is was in portrait mode...
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #275
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by phj View Post
Some experience and news regarding the HD:
The image produced by Marek works on auraHD with some flash surgery, namely you need to retain the original image uboot,serial#,HW_CONFIG,waveform,etc stuff located in the beginning of the flash and change just the kernel uImage. In this case (maybe with minor modifications in the *.rc files, not remember exactly) the image is running!!
The display is perfect , bootanimation and all the screen seems to be good in full resolution. The strange part is the IR touch: the coordinates are swapped in both x-y and x right-left direction. Yes, it can be easily modify and I'm already done ( Beware: the kernel must be from naberius.de, it contains all the resolution changes we need and MUST be compiled with specific 4.4.3 toolchain as I see ). After that the touch working good, transfer all the points within the resolution (1440x1080) - BUT the system ( maybe the android part) does not allow a point which coordinate greater than approx. 1024, Unfortunatelly this means that the lower part of the screen not touchable - for ex. we have an on-screen keyboard, but can't press a key except from the uppermost line.
I used (because the original u-boot) different flash layout than Marek's Kobo Glo img - 1st partition is the ext4 system, 2nd is the data/cache and third is the w95 one - and it seems that vold not recognize the sdcard partition; both in auto and direct number mode probed in vold.conf.
At the moment we also have no light button as I see, but the power slider works well.
So this means that we will have Android in auraHD - sooner or later.
Anybody can help me to step further solving the touch coordinate problem???
I ran Android on my Aura HD. There are some deficiencies, which, however, do not prevent normal reading.

[Link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-31-2014 at 03:01 PM.
angor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #276
yauchildchew
yauchildchew began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
hi, i wonder how the battery life becomes?
yauchildchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #277
Meukbox
Meukbox began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Touch
Hi guys, thanks for bringing Android to the Kobo's.
I installed Android on my Kobo. It boots, it works (because I see the time changing on the home screen), but I can't select anything.
It's not a hardware issue, because I inserted the original SD card, and my Kobo Touch works as it used to work.
It's like the touch screen stops working when I use Android. The power button works. If I pull it the Kobo goes to sleep.

Any ideas why my touch screen isn't working on Android?
Meukbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #278
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meukbox View Post
Hi guys, thanks for bringing Android to the Kobo's.
I installed Android on my Kobo. It boots, it works (because I see the time changing on the home screen), but I can't select anything.
It's not a hardware issue, because I inserted the original SD card, and my Kobo Touch works as it used to work.
It's like the touch screen stops working when I use Android. The power button works. If I pull it the Kobo goes to sleep.

Any ideas why my touch screen isn't working on Android?
Because you have the N905B version, but this Android image is for the N905C.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:05 AM   #279
Meukbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by angor00 View Post
Because you have the N905B version, but this Android image is for the N905C.
Ah. How can I check which version I have, and is there a solution?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:13 AM   #280
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meukbox View Post
Ah. How can I check which version I have, and is there a solution?
How do I find which model I have?
Old 02-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #281
Meukbox

OK, tnx Angor.
So yes, I do have th N905B version. Is there a way to get an Android version on it? Different image maybe, or a setting I can change?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:01 AM   #282
angor00
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, no. You need to configure and compile a new kernel for your hardware, especially the touchscreen driver.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #283
Meukbox

I found the solution here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=6
My touchscreen is working now

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
Old 02-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #284
angor00
Enthusiast

Can you make the image from your SD card? I could make the Android SD card for booting from external SD. Even needn't do the full SD card image, only the first 65536 sectors is enough.

This can be done with the following command in Linux:
Code:
dd bs=512 count=65536 if=/dev/sd<SDCARD> | bzip2 -9f >./kobo-touch-N905B-first.img.bz2

Last edited by angor00; 02-17-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #285
Meukbox

I just used a hex editor like described in the link. I't working perfectly now

Tags
android, glo, kobo, shine, tolino