Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #25711
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Peet's Lion Mountain Keemun. But first I had a mug of the Murchie's Keemun XS. Having the two so close together made it very clear -- the Lion Mountain Keemun is definitely better.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #25712
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Good morning, everyone! The sun is burning down as it can only do in the Tropics. When I went to bed last night the rain was pouring down... as it can only do in the Tropics. And according to the Weather Man, it will be doing so again before noon... What a land! (This shot is of my wife while on vacation in the South.)l
What a beautiful picture; I love the colors in that shot. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Morning coffee, as I reluctantly turn on the a/c for another scorcher of a day here.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #25713
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Great pic not jealous at all. Ginger Beer in my cup on a humid night.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #25714
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
About to concoct another 'Ardbeg slushie' -- a reward for finishing the mowing ... and a week from hell at work ....

Aahh .... the joy of single malt ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #25715
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Popping in here for a minute, while waiting for my Chinese dinner to be ready for transport.

Nothing in my cup, but a bottle of water waiting for me in the car.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #25716
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Are you goin' to Scarborough Fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
Remember me to one who lives there,
she once was a true love of mine.

Tell her to make me a cambric shirt
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme
Without no seams nor needlework
Then she'll be a true love of mine

Tell her to find me an acre of land
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme
Between salt water and the sea strands
Then she'll be a true love of mine.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfqpAWPx6T4 )

This is one of those songs that are as much fun to play and sing as they are to hear. I started playing this last night on my guitar, and must have continued the song for 30 minutes.... It just flows out of a guitar.

Good morning, everyone! Saturday morn, more rain on the horizon (literally) and an easy day planned. Unpack another box or two, build a shower stall, clean the Augean Stables... nothing I can't handle. Cooler temps today, right now around 29°. I like that!

Got a big mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea in my mug, second refill. Good breakie from the Food Lady, so I'm ready to start my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Great pic not jealous at all. .
Any island resort that puts filled scuba tanks at the water's edge so that guests can just gear up and go at a whim is my kind of place. After dinner... after the food digests for a while... 'Gee honey, what shall we do tonight?' 'Hey, lets go for a night dive and see what's come out to play!' 'Sounds like a plan! Anyone want to come with us?' And 10 minutes later we're all walking into the sea... Most of the coral reef critters are nocturnal, so you get to see a whole lot more of the little things that usually hide during the day. We met this little critter 15 meters down off the coast of Borneo, near the island of Sipidan. He (she?) is a Nudibranch about 1 inch long!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nudibranch8.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	108634  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #25717
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Some Vietnamese iced coffee. Not as good as the best in Vietnam, but still nice.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #25718
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Enjoying a fresh cup of coffee and some M&M's.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #25719
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Enjoying a fresh cup of coffee and some M&M's.
Do M&M's melt in coffee?

I'm drinkin' ice tea, Lipton's Instant Powdered Unsweetened Ice Tea. I love it!

Hey, I just heard from SneakySnake. She's alive and well!

Stitchawl
Old 07-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #25720
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Hey, I just heard from SneakySnake. She's alive and well!

Stitchawl

Still stealing people's root beer?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #25721
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Still stealing people's root beer?
Does she do that?!?
And doesn't offer to share with us?!?
Can you imagine!

I'm drinking a Passion-fruit smoothie that I picked up from a food vendor down the street. Pretty tasty but I don't feel particularly passionate. Should I ask for my money back?

There is only ONE box left to unpack, and it's filled with rolls of leather. Dozens of rolls of leather of all types and colors. And I don't have a single damn place to put it all! I've got leather working tools in one cabinet, leather patterns, laces, dyes, needles and cordage, in another, and leather working books on the shelf. Where the heck am I gonna put all the leather?!?

Stitchawl
Old 07-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #25722
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Does she do that?!?
And doesn't offer to share with us?!?
Can you imagine!

Stitchawl
YEP!!! Look...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #25723
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Where the heck am I gonna put all the leather?!?

Cover the floor? Or hide it under the sofa cushions?

Black coffee.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #25724
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Cover the floor? Or hide it under the sofa cushions?

Black coffee.
My wife has already vetoed a leather-covered refrigerator. How about leather toilet seat covers? Hand tooled?

I think it's time for a glass of Bombay Sapphire and then bed. It's been a long day. Night'all!

Stitchawl
Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #25725
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea for the day. My knee's feeling a bit better, the telephone repair guy is due out this afternoon ... I don't want to jinx anything, but the day may turn out okay.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?