Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #856
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wrote three poems yesterday one in each category: good, so-so, needs work.

Today I continue my re-boot/re-evaluation of my direction.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #857
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I finished the second short for the as-yet-to-be-revealed TV project. Got fresh kudos from the project head. One of these days, the show will either be picked up--in which case, the stories will end up on the show's website--or nixed, in which case, the stories will be on my website. At least they'll be free, either way.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #858
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good for you Steve!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #859
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
My skinhead romance has gone out to some trusted herberts for beta reading, so while I wait I'm going to start work proper on my Humpty Dumpty story for grown ups.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #860
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
My skinhead romance has gone out to some trusted herberts for beta reading, so while I wait I'm going to start work proper on my Humpty Dumpty story for grown ups.
What? Humping for Doughnuts? .... oh wait....

Hope the crits go well and good luck with the new one...
Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #861
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got the first one from another writer who's not part of my demographic but knows the location really well. He says I need to rework the ending because the police aren't that stupid, but he says he was surprised how much he liked the rest of it because it's not something he would choose to read. He must've read it in one sitting becaue I only sent it out yesterday.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #862
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Just got the first one from another writer who's not part of my demographic but knows the location really well. He says I need to rework the ending because the police aren't that stupid, but he says he was surprised how much he liked the rest of it because it's not something he would choose to read. He must've read it in one sitting becaue I only sent it out yesterday.
Now aren't you sorry for calling him a herbert?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #863
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

"Herbert" is a good thing
Old 06-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #864
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
"Herbert" is a good thing
Well, if a "dull objectionable person" is a good thing, you've hit the nail on the head .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #865
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well, if a "dull objectionable person" is a good thing, you've hit the nail on the head .
Different herberts, maybe. They might well be objectionable to most, but they're far from dull.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #866
Mike Cooley
Mike
Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm working on a story called Fade Away. I guess it's a thriller. A dash of murder and monsters.

Just finished Crystal Origin (book 2 in my fantasy series) and that's in the hands of the editor right now.

I have a couple of other things I hope to finish this year before I move onto book 3 in the series.
Mike Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #867
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just finished a blog post about how Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan actually sucked, just in time for its 30th anniversary (yes, I kept quiet for that long).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #868
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I just finished a blog post about how Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan actually sucked, just in time for its 30th anniversary (yes, I kept quiet for that long).
Love it! I thought it was pretty sucky as well.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #869
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I liked the movie, especially the Moby Dick references. It did suffer series consistency as well as some problems with the science, but I'd never go so far as to say it was IqnaH QaD.

Nice article, though.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #870
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

I thought all the Star Trek films with the old people were daft. If it was real they would have all been retired years ago. Maybe if they had made it so that they were lost in space or something it would make more sense.