Notices

View Poll Results: Kindle 3G white as wedding anniversary gift
Yes 60 89.55%
No 7 10.45%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #61
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Well, she wants a blender too, hahahaha, but I won't give it one as wedding anniversary gift. Or she is gonna hit me on the head with it.
Really? See, either myself or my partner love getting such desirable kitchen goods as presents...in fact I think the blender (and food processor, and stand mixer) may have been "wedding" anniversary gifts.

Then again, we're men...is it possible that we see them as tools (and what man doesn't like good tools as a present? ) and not obligations.

Cheers,
Marc (with apologies for my tongue-in-cheek gross generalisations )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #62
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I'd love a Kitchenaid mixer as an anniversary gift. I should link my husband onto this site
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #63
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Really? See, either myself or my partner love getting such desirable kitchen goods as presents...in fact I think the blender (and food processor, and stand mixer) may have been "wedding" anniversary gifts.

Then again, we're men...is it possible that we see them as tools (and what man doesn't like good tools as a present? ) and not obligations.

Cheers,
I was just thinking the same generalizations before you typed it. In general, guys like practical gifts and because of that, they get in trouble when they buy practical gifts for women, because they assume we would like, what they would like. Buying a man a new DeWalt anything would give him a reason to finish building those shelves he's been promising, and he'll build it with a smile and a whistle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I'd love a Kitchenaid mixer as an anniversary gift. I should link my husband onto this site
My sister has a shiny red KitchenAid stand mixer that her hubby bought for Xmas over 10 years ago. She still loves it and like most KitchenAid owners, she keeps it sitting out as part of the kitchen decor. A mixer like that, should not be hidden in a cabinet!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #64
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathie View Post
Kindlekitten you slay me
one year when asked I asked for a crock-pot for my birthday. I was suprised that my husband actually gave me one. He was cruelly criticized by all and sundry, but I love the fact that he actually listened to my wants and took the time to find one that was perfect for what I wanted.

My K3 was a gift from my husband for Christmas. He totally understands that I am a complete bookworm. I think that it also saved his sanity as the books were piling up everywhere.
So my answer would be yes.
what can I say, my two most favourite presents ever were a lever action rifle and a dewalt drill!

Quote:

Cheers,
yeah, but when you can get just a blender for about 15 bucks, nothing speaks; "how about that sofa?" any louder. now a kitchen aid? ohhhh baby! come pull my hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I was just thinking the same generalizations before you typed it. In general, guys like practical gifts and because of that, they get in trouble when they buy practical gifts for women, because they assume we would like, what they would like. Buying a man a new DeWalt anything would give him a reason to finish building those shelves he's been promising, and he'll build it with a smile and a whistle.

My sister has a shiny red KitchenAid stand mixer that her hubby bought for Xmas over 10 years ago. She still loves it and like most KitchenAid owners, she keeps it sitting out as part of the kitchen decor. A mixer like that, should not be hidden in a cabinet!
and DeWalts work for girls too!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #65
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
If you want to get a Kindle (or any other device) for a special occasion, you might like to send them a card on the device!

http://web.me.com/contra666/images/birthdaykindle.gif
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #66
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
what can I say, my two most favourite presents ever were a lever action rifle and a dewalt drill!

You should have heard the berating I got from my beau after he had already taken care of half of his "honey-do" list before realising that I had a DeWalt drill and sander in my arsenal. I thought he saw them! The letters are bright and bold enough on their cases!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #67
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Aye, and that would be the colour and make of our presents, also sitting out as you say. They are very nice to use.

Quote:
I'm not big on power tools, but I love me some plain, hard steel ones (hammers, axes, crowbars, shovels, etc.). TL1 likes the power tools, but he keeps buying the "use-three-times-before-it-breaks" ones.

Quote:
yeah, but when you can get just a blender for about 15 bucks, nothing speaks; "how about that sofa?" any louder. now a kitchen aid? ohhhh baby! come pull my hair!
True. Even if we both shave our hair too short to pull.

Quote:
The coolest girls, they do, yeah.

FWIW, all the women I know I think would be stoked to get any kind of ereader (or tablet) as a gift, especially as an anniversary one.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #68
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
You should have heard the berating I got from my beau after he had already taken care of half of his "honey-do" list before realising that I had a DeWalt drill and sander in my arsenal. I thought he saw them! The letters are bright and bold enough on their cases!
mine is used so often that there is no doubt I own it!

Quote:
I'm not big on power tools, but I love me some plain, hard steel ones (hammers, axes, crowbars, shovels, etc.). TL1 likes the power tools, but he keeps buying the "use-three-times-before-it-breaks" ones.

The coolest girls, they do, yeah.

Marc
you sir, need to stay away from crowbars! we know what happened the last time!

awesomeness
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #69
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

you sir, need to stay away from crowbars! we know what happened the last time!

awesomeness
As the Black Knight said, "It's just a flesh wound!".

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #70
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:

Cheers,
If she got mad because the blender, I'll make you responsible, hahahaha... but no, I think I will order one online, a Kindle 3G white.

Thought about buying one on Target but I just started having weird issues with the wifi one which bought on a brick store. Maybe it's better if I buy from Amazon directly.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #71
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Buying a man a new DeWalt anything would give him a reason to finish building those shelves he's been promising, and he'll build it with a smile and a whistle.
Not me!

I hate tools! Actually, I'm not lazy but find zero fun doing handy man stuff. If I can, I prefer hiring someone to do the work. I stimulate the economy that way too, hahahaha...
Old 06-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #72
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
If you want to get a Kindle (or any other device) for a special occasion, you might like to send them a card on the device!

http://web.me.com/contra666/images/birthdaykindle.gif
That's cool! how can I put that on the Kindle? honestly, I have not played with any other feature, just reading.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #73
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
That's cool! how can I put that on the Kindle? honestly, I have not played with any other feature, just reading.
That was very simple to make.

I just used Microsoft Word to create a .doc file and then used Amazon's conversion service to send it to the Kindle.

You could use a free program like LibreOffice if you don't have Microsoft Word to do the same thing.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
If my wife asked for one, or said she'd like one, I can't imagine that it would be a bad gift.

I mean, I got my wife a new broom and bottle of pinesol for our 3/4 anniversary (got married on Leap Day, so one actual anniversary every 4 years) and I got relegated to the couch for a couple weeks. How was I supposed to know that when she said "We need Pinesol, and this broom sucks," she wasn't asking for them as gifts?
You're lucky she didn't beat you with that new broom.
That said I think most men need to be trained when it comes to things like gifts. My hubby isn't a card guy he just didn't see a big deal in them. So I had to just come out and tell him that Cards are a big deal in my family. The first time he got me a card it was a funny sarcastic one.

I've got him well trained now. He knows I like the sweet or sappy ones. As for gifts We don't hint around we just ask each other what we want. Sometimes he surprises me with the just Because gifts but I still remember when we was dating his first gift to me was a set of hot rollers and a bottle of hair dye.

After 11 years of marriage and 12 years of being together he knows better then to buy a gift like that. Honesty is best if you don't know what to get your wife ask her. In this case I think a Kindle is a great idea seeing she's already hinted and even gave the color she wanted.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #75
minspargal
Enthusiast
minspargal doesn't litterminspargal doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
Yes, get her that Kindle, but do pair it up with some thing romantic...flowers or a nice dinner.
minspargal is offline   Reply With Quote