Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #1051
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Anyone having problems coming out of sleep mode?

I hit the power button (in sleep mode), and nothing appears to happen. I then hit the power button again, and the device wakes up (shows the page with the light on), but than goes right back to sleep.

It is very intermittent. It happened twice today, but I have also gone several days without it happening.

Glo HD. 4.12.12111. Calibre generated kepubs.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #1052
compurandom
Addict
compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo aura h2o
I've noticed in the latest firmware that occasionally there is a very long delay (1-3 seconds?) between when I hit the power button and when something happens. If not patient, and you hit the button more than once, you may end up waking it up and putting it back to sleep immediately (or vice versa). Sometimes the delay is much longer than 3 seconds. This might have something to do with the contents/structure of the current book being read.

Occasionally. I press the power button briefly at exactly the wrong moment, and the device thinks I was holding it down and turns itself off completely.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2019, 05:48 PM   #1053
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Product: Kobo Aura 1
Firmware: 4.12.12111
File types:kepub
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: both
Normal way of embedding fonts into epub doesn't work in kepubs.
For example: embedding font into h1 tag won't be recognised in kepub.
workaround:
Code:
<span class="font"> Text </span>
only workaround will work
Attached Files
File Type: epub EmbedTest.epub (54.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: epub EmbedTest.kepub.epub (54.7 KB, 5 views)
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:42 AM   #1054
petrchutny
petrchutny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Product: Kobo Clara HD
Plugins: None
File types: –
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Kobobooks
On external SD:
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Try connect to any wi-fi in China, that is behind the great Chinese firewall
Current result: I cannot connect to any Chinese wi-fi that doesn't have a built-in VPN, or that is simply not able to access the "http://www.kobo.com/buildinfo.xml." file to check if connection works. When I connect to wi-fi, it gets stuck for some seconds and then throws an error.
Workaround: Adding this to the KoboReader.conf file:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
IgnoreCaptivePortal=true
Fixes the problem.
petrchutny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:14 AM   #1055
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrchutny View Post
Product: Kobo Clara HD
Plugins: None
File types: –
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Kobobooks
On external SD:
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Try connect to any wi-fi in China, that is behind the great Chinese firewall
Current result: I cannot connect to any Chinese wi-fi that doesn't have a built-in VPN, or that is simply not able to access the "http://www.kobo.com/buildinfo.xml." file to check if connection works. When I connect to wi-fi, it gets stuck for some seconds and then throws an error.
Workaround: Adding this to the KoboReader.conf file:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
IgnoreCaptivePortal=true
Fixes the problem.
This isn't a bug in the firmware. It is by design and works as intended. Maybe Kobo is being overly cautious in doing this check, but, the check and turning off WiFi when it fails is not a bug. The workaround has been in the firmware since 4.9.x.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert