Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
gandalf2010
gandalf2010 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Text size with the 2.0 firmware

I have just installed the 2.0 firmware, and I have found that the Irex DR800 displays the epubs with a different font size (bigger), in comparation with the previous firmware.

Somenoe knows why this happens?

I have a lot of books with the ideal font size in the olf firmware system, and I would like it to continue as it was previously !!!!!!!!!!
gandalf2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
gandalf2010

I have been working on it, and I have noticed that the problem is that the new firmware changes the letter type.

In my epub I put this in the css:

.ePUB {font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Verdana, Arial, Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet, sans-serif; font-weight:normal;}

The old firmware took it and put the text with this font, but the new one doesn´t do it.

Is it a bug?
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
bigshell
bigshell began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
same issue for me, the smallest font sometimes is still too big, any ideas?
bigshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
I have the same problem on dr1000 and it was the first thing I complain about it.

The smallest font should be the xtra bigger.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf2010 View Post
I have just installed the 2.0 firmware, and I have found that the Irex DR800 displays the epubs with a different font size (bigger), in comparation with the previous firmware.

Somenoe knows why this happens?

I have a lot of books with the ideal font size in the olf firmware system, and I would like it to continue as it was previously !!!!!!!!!!
I'm not 100% sure, but I think people were complaining that the previous fonts were too small. Either that or it could be something about using the font sizes that worked on the 8" DR800 didn't work on the 10" DR1000.

Personally, I prefer to convert everything to PDF, that way I can control/set the fonts myself.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
anyone have found a solution?

I dont want to reconvert all the epubs to pdf, and the actual size is a joke, I can read the smallest font from 30 meters of distance.

Btw shaggy, what program do you use to convert to pdf?

Last edited by whopper; 06-17-2010 at 12:50 AM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
Btw shaggy, what program do you use to convert to pdf?
I use BookDesigner, but there are lots of options out there. There's a bunch of stuff in the wiki here about software utilities for conversion, etc.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
gandalf2010

I have found a solution, but you have to edit every epub you have with Sigil.

The problem is that the order I put previously in the css, and was used to get the letter type:

.ePUB {font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Verdana, Arial, Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet, sans-serif; font-weight:normal;}

Is no more useful, because the new firmware ignores it. But if you get inside the line that stablish the characteristics of the general text (it is not very difficult to see it), the only thing you have to do is put the type of letter you want inside that line.