Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #46
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
Sorry Harry. Lack of sleep caused me to forget what day of the week it was.
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Looking at that web site, I see the confusion; the date's hidden away at the bottom. Easy mistake to make.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #48
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Any speculation on battery life?
Yes! It will have one! So that other Mac Folk! Can have one too! A life again! Too!

Seriously, the iTablet is likely to come out way below $1000 -- probably $899 and if you want a battery with that, it's only another $450 ...
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #49
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think it's pretty unlikely that a 10" tablet (and that seems to be the commonly-accepted spec) could cost under $500, when the current top-end iPod Touch costs $400. Certainly you can buy a laptop for the price of an iPod Touch, but they aren't really trying to compete with one another. I would bet that the overwhelming majority of Touch owners also own a laptop.
$400? The highest price I've seen is a little over $200-but then neither own nor am very interested in a Touch so it's not like I *know* what they cost.

And, IMO, a Touch would compete with a laptop if it had a 10" screen. But it doesn't so it's possible that you're right-people do own both. (Nobody I know does, but I only know 2 people who have a Touch. Not enough to form a reliable judgment on.)

And I agree that the tablet is unlikely to be under $500-that's the main reason why I think it'll be a niche product. But tomorrow should tell us more, right?

Last edited by calvin-c; 01-26-2010 at 01:30 PM.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the 64GB Touch costs $399. I'd love for you to be right, and the tablet to cost $499, but I suspect it'll be a lot more. We'll find out tomorrow .
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #51
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
I hope the screen size is better than 10". If not, regular-sized PDFs will still be too small on it. They suck on my Kindle DX, which is 9.7".

If I could read full size PDFs on this comfortably, in full color, I'd be a happy camper.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #52
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, the 64GB Touch costs $399. I'd love for you to be right, and the tablet to cost $499, but I suspect it'll be a lot more. We'll find out tomorrow .
64GB? I really am out of *Touch*. (pun) The largest I'd heard of were 32GB.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
64GB? I really am out of *Touch*. (pun) The largest I'd heard of were 32GB.
It's relatively new; released about 3 or 4 months ago, if I recall correctly. I think the iPhone only goes up to 32GB still.