Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #106
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
I'm not sure if this light issue has already been reported or not. I have the light set on auto on my KA1. From time to time, with no warning, it will go to 0% with no change in external lighting. I then manually reset it to some amount above zero and it seems to hold that setting for the rest of my reading session. The behavior will repeat some time after I wake the device to read the next time.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #107
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you mean that it searching in another book works and returning to the first book it works there as well? But, restarting and trying the same book, search doesn't work.
Yes, that is what I observed before, but now I can't replicate it.
I haven't taken the time to refresh my database since I first noticed this glitchiness. That will no doubt be my next troubleshooting step.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
I'm not sure if this light issue has already been reported or not. I have the light set on auto on my KA1. From time to time, with no warning, it will go to 0% with no change in external lighting. I then manually reset it to some amount above zero and it seems to hold that setting for the rest of my reading session. The behavior will repeat some time after I wake the device to read the next time.
So try the new firmware and see if this is fixed.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=284562
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #109
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So try the new firmware and see if this is fixed.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=284562
I'm planning to --- as soon as the patches are available.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:26 AM   #110
Diruuo
Enthusiast
Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura
My WiFi was left on so my Kobo Aura has updated to 4.3.8945 on its own. A manual sync just now completed normally and was noticeably faster. My reading stats are completely out of whack. Thankfully I'm also still using the old home screen. No patches or modifications installed just yet. I don't use collections so I wouldn't know if anything changed with them.

http://imgur.com/eOfcRDU - my current reading stats.
Diruuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2017, 05:48 AM   #111
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diruuo View Post
My WiFi was left on so my Kobo Aura has updated to 4.3.8945 on its own. A manual sync just now completed normally and was noticeably faster. My reading stats are completely out of whack. Thankfully I'm also still using the old home screen. No patches or modifications installed just yet. I don't use collections so I wouldn't know if anything changed with them.

http://imgur.com/eOfcRDU - my current reading stats.
Read post #108 in this thread.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:01 PM   #112
bdonkey
bdonkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
My old Touch (original version) doesn't seem to like 4.3.8945, getting some strange screen corruption at the bottom of the home screen when doing a sync. Seems to be okay when reading a book though so it doesn't appear to be a problem with the screen itself.
I'm seeing the same issues on the same device...
bdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:00 AM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Before complaining, move to 4.3.8699 and then if you have a problem, complain. Also, whenyou updated the firmware, did you update the entire thing or did you just use KoboRoot.tgz?