Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
they literally state what was done in the rest of the post.
That's to help trying to get the sleep cover to work on the Mini. That's not what was done to get the light to work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #77
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Technically, the 4.3 firmware is not released for the Mini. 3.19.5761 is the last firmware for the Mini.
The terminal firmware for the Mini is 3.4.1.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The terminal firmware for the Mini is 3.4.1.
If you use Rakuten as the affiliate, you get 3.19.5761 for the Mini. So to me that makes 3.19.5761 the last firmware released for the Mini.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #79
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The "return" button on the book navigation slider for Kepubs (with progress set to entire book.) still crashes the Kobo, requiring a manual shutdown/restart.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #80
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
The "return" button on the book navigation slider for Kepubs (with progress set to entire book.) still crashes the Kobo, requiring a manual shutdown/restart.
Just wanted to have you try a small experiment. When you get the blank screen after using the navigation slider, and hitting the return button but before closing the navigation popup, what happens if you move your reading position again either by using the slider or the chapter forward/back buttons? It may take a couple of taps but for me that seems to return the page display to normal and I can continue reading without needing a power cycle though the page seems to be selected at random.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #81
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Just wanted to have you try a small experiment. When you get the blank screen after using the navigation slider, and hitting the return button but before closing the navigation popup, what happens if you move your reading position again either by using the slider or the chapter forward/back buttons? It may take a couple of taps but for me that seems to return the page display to normal and I can continue reading without needing a power cycle though the page seems to be selected at random.
Yes, I get the same results. Moving position again after pressing return prevents it from locking up.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #82
bsabiston
Enthusiast
bsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one hand

Device: kindle
When I try to download the firmware, the download speed starts out strong but then it dies before getting a quarter way through it. Anyone know what the problem could be?
bsabiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #83
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Yes, I get the same results. Moving position again after pressing return prevents it from locking up.
I've reported the issue to Kobo.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:01 PM   #84
Amiieey
Connoisseur
Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Likebook Mars, Kindle Fire HD 8
Have they fixed the 1% light problem yet.... :'( I hope they did!
Amiieey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:54 PM   #85
patryk
patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiieey View Post
Light seem to be working fine on my h2o after the upgrade. The reading stats are broken though
patryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm currently running 4.3.8871. Searching in a book is broken. I can search and find results, but when I tap on a result, I am not taken to the page. So searching doesn't work.

In this current firmware, does searching work? I am using an H2O. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #87
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Searching in a book works ok on the KA1 at least.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Searching in a book works ok on the KA1 at least.
Thanks. I'll give this firmware a go and report back.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #89
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiieey View Post
No, the weird 1% bounce hasn't been fixed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #90
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm currently running 4.3.8871. Searching in a book is broken. I can search and find results, but when I tap on a result, I am not taken to the page. So searching doesn't work.

In this current firmware, does searching work? I am using an H2O. Thanks.
In-book search wasn't broken in 4.3.8871 or an recent firmware. I remember a couple of problems reported like this a while ago. They were either problems with the book, or happened after some other error and could be sorted by restarting the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote