Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Text expands and control lost with firmware 3.2.0

Twice, since my Aura HD updated to FW 3.2.0, it has got itself in a situation where the only option is to power cycle the reader to get it back working. On the first occasion I was using the slider shown in the popup where you can select Table of contents to go to the end of a book, and on the second occasion I was doing the same to go to the beginning of a book (not the same book). Both books are kepubs sideloaded using Calibre and the KoboTouchExtended driver.

On both occasions the text on the screen gets expanded, such that the margins disappear and some of the text is disappearing off the edge of the screen, and while things such as pressing a word to highlight it and see the dictionary definition still work, tapping left or right in an attempt to page forwards or backwards does nothing, and tapping in the centre of the page doesn't show the popups at top and bottom for Home screen, fonts, etc. Maybe they're still there but off the screen. IAK, I haven't found anything other than a power cycle to recover from this situation.

Never saw this problem with older versions of the FW.
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:45 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I haven't had anything that required a reset, but I have had some problems with text positioning in kepubs with firmware 3.2.0, such as the off-centre text (see pics in this post.)

There were some (different) problems with the kepub reader in fw 3.1.0 which were quickly fixed in 3.1.1, so I am hoping there will be a quick release of 3.2.1 to fix these issues too. Otherwise I think I will go back to fw 3.1.1 until it gets sorted.

Edit: Or I might just stick to reading epubs for a while. The epub reader is functioning very nicely in 3.2.0, better than the kepub reader.

Last edited by GeoffR; 03-02-2014 at 02:55 AM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Since my firmware update, my Kobo Glo has been acting like it is loosing "contrast"...as in, certain shades of gray are just whiting out, images and the main screen of the user interface are missing wide swaths of gray. The issue has reoccured after a power-cycle.
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote