Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-27-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
steefan
steefan began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy tab s 10.5
CC Demo works but Calibre Companion not

Hi all,

I tested the CC Demo on my galaxy tab S 10.5 and it works perfekt with calibre PC version. I can transfer the books with wireless connection.

But then I installed the Calibre Companion (CC Demo is already installed). I also can connect calibre with Calibre Companion but if I transfer any books the connection will be aborted.

Switch off the firewall doesn't help.

This is the error message in calibre:

[Errno 10053] Eine bestehende Verbindung wurde softwaregesteuert
durch den Hostcomputer abgebrochen

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 584, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1445, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 683, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 574, in _send_byte_string
error: [Errno 10053] Eine bestehende Verbindung wurde softwaregesteuert
durch den Hostcomputer abgebrochen
Does anyone can help me?

Stefan
steefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:18 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Please send me a CC debug log (CC Settings, scroll to the bottom, Send a debug log to MultiPie). Please erase the multipie.co.uk address -- as you are dealing with me there is no reason to send the log to my son.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2015, 01:58 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the debug log. You have run into the "Android Kitkat and higher" SD card problem. Starting with those releases of Android books can be put only into a specific directory on the SD card. Our FAQ answer How do I use an SD card with Android 4.4 (Kitkat) or later? explains how to fix it.

I cannot explain why the demo version works. My guess is that you didn't change the folder where books are stored so it is in main memory where the problem does not exist.

I also cannot explain how you managed to set the book folder to "/storage/extSdCard/CC_Bücher". CC should not have let you do that unless you chose the advanced option "Allow unrestricted folder browsing", the device was upgraded to Lollipop after you set the folder, or you restored settings from a device where that worked.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote