Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #151
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
makes sense, as well as a couple of ideas about the file manager like, multiple selection, animation, not to mention that the PgUp PgDn does not work well combined with scroll gestures. In some long evening I may try to design a new control as the standard GridView from Android toolkit seems so limited for that purpose.
I use the file manager portion of ReLaunchX to open books and for simple navigation, but when I want to do file manipulation I use File Manager (File transfer). I can easily see everything with the default light theme. It has the optional Root Explorer for root access (if your device is rooted) and the option to change system folders to writable.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-20-2018 at 08:32 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:57 AM   #152
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
when I want to do file manipulation I use File Manager (File transfer)
Interesting option, thanks for sharing.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:14 PM   #153
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Confirm, check the changelog, 2.0 build was not working on Android < Gingerbread

Take the zip from attached to the first post on this thread as F-Droid does not do builds on time...

There was an explanation how to install on Nook a few weeks ago, check the thread upwards as it was not that simple as I would guess...

ver 2.1.2 works on the Nook, but after removing the older app. A signature difference i think.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #154
dancameron
dancameron began at the beginning.

Device: boox max carta
Relaunchx on Max Carta very flakey

I have just tried running several versions of Relaunchx on my Max carta with android 4.4 update. When I first started, installing version 2.000, and selecting "open with" on my pdf's I got a menu listing the five pdf apps I was working with. I have done something so that now the selection list is huge and contains no pdf apps. Reinstalling relaunchx doesn't bring me back to the original list of pdf apps. What did I do???

I find that the app tends to be quite unresponsive to stylus taps, particularly so for version 2.1.2. For example, tapping on the settings icon produces a turn black response, but only does something maybe once in 5-10 taps.

It is perhaps informative that regardless of which version I install I get a wrong device message, along with a list that includes the Boox Max. I am scratching my head here..
dancameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:30 AM   #155
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancameron View Post
I have just tried running several versions of Relaunchx on my Max carta with android 4.4 update. When I first started, installing version 2.000, and selecting "open with" on my pdf's I got a menu listing the five pdf apps I was working with. I have done something so that now the selection list is huge and contains no pdf apps. Reinstalling relaunchx doesn't bring me back to the original list of pdf apps. What did I do???

I find that the app tends to be quite unresponsive to stylus taps, particularly so for version 2.1.2. For example, tapping on the settings icon produces a turn black response, but only does something maybe once in 5-10 taps.

It is perhaps informative that regardless of which version I install I get a wrong device message, along with a list that includes the Boox Max. I am scratching my head here..
The device identification comes from Android. The beta 4.4 update changed the identification, long press the settings button and check what the About screen says.

Nonetheless, 4.4 beta firmwares are unsupported officially. I have tried 4.4 on Max. It had numerous bugs. More apps misbehaved in little ways, not just ReLaunchX. Too bad the firmware is not opensourced nor there is any stable release coming.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #156
dancameron
dancameron began at the beginning.

Device: boox max carta
Relaunchx on Max Carta very flakey

My Boox Max Carta is identified as MaxCarta (no spaces). The code seems to have a switch for Max and Max2, but not for MaxCarta. Maxcarta has a higher screen resolution than Max, but same as Max2. Therein lies the rub?
dancameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:26 AM   #157
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancameron View Post
Therein lies the rub?
Yes. Just no one gave the feedback yet.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:44 AM   #158
Uguptu
Enthusiast
Uguptu began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST GL, Onyx Prometheus 2
Quote:
Yes. Just no one gave the feedback yet.
Nice euphemism! "I don't give a ff..feedback."
Uguptu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #159
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uguptu View Post
Nice euphemism! "I don't give a ff..feedback."
Nothing out of common sense as I stated before I don't have a bunch of devices to test but if you use it/test it you can report back the device info needed for identification
Old 03-07-2018, 02:12 AM   #160
Uguptu
Enthusiast

Since you've mentioned, I'm running ReLaunchX 2.1.2 on Onyx MC_N96CMLCA (Prometheus 2), it works fine, but the about screen shows ReLaunchX version 2.0.0 for some reason.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #161
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uguptu View Post
Since you've mentioned, I'm running ReLaunchX 2.1.2 on Onyx MC_N96CMLCA (Prometheus 2), it works fine, but the about screen shows ReLaunchX version 2.0.0 for some reason.
You might be actually running 2.0.0. For example if you took 2.0.0 from F-Droid but then you downloaded 2.1.2 from this thread trying to upgrade it won't succeeded. In such case only full uninstall and install works as the two builds are signed with different keys.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #162
Uguptu
Enthusiast

I got "installation successful" message for 2.1.2 actually, IIRIC. But I'll take a closer look while updating the next time.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:05 AM   #163
Uguptu
Enthusiast

You were right, I was running v 2.0.0. However after updating I did load the old settings from SD, the app crashed, and after that it's working fine.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #164
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Is there an ability in relaunchX to put a device in sleep mode? I see there is power off and lock, but I don't see sleep mode. I am using a Nook Simple Touch Glowlight.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 03-27-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:03 PM   #165
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Is there an ability in relaunchX to put a device in sleep mode? I see there is power off and lock, but I don't see sleep mode. I am using a Nook Simple Touch Glowlight.
The lock function use some Nook private stuff so maybe it puts the device to sleep at the same time. Otherwise there is no such function in ReLaunchX.