Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
H2O v2: is "natural light" even?

Hi

I've tried several Kobo Aura One and always ended up with a pretty uneven lightning when using the "natural light" setting.

Has this been fixed on the H2O v2 or, as it's of a smaller size, does this problem also exist on this ereader?

I'd be happy to give up a little bit of screen space for a really nice "Comfort light" system, with no green botches...

Thanks!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
I have the H20v2 and I used to have the aura one I much prefer the lighting on the h20. I have it on all the time pretty much at 7% and it starts turning more orange at around 8pm (I set bedtime for it at midnight) and have had no problems its not to bright or hurt my eyes and less blue than the aura one
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
It's even on mine - no green blotches.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
datanoise
Groupie

Thank you, meeera. Seems like they fixed the issue there was with the Aura One, or that the fact that the screen is a bit smaller solved the issue...
Old 02-15-2018, 10:37 AM   #6
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Absolutely no problem on my h2o2 and I totally love it.
No aurora borealis or australis, it just works.
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #7
J_K
Enthusiast
J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: H2O 2, Aura 2, Clara HD, Touch
Someone took a H2O 2 apart and posted a pic here https://www.e-reader-forum.de/attach...2-dsc-0005-jpg As you can see, the light is very even. No discoloration.

The only complaints I have seen about the H2O 2 light (and is true of mine) is a slight brightness in the bottom corners. But it's easy to ignore and the colour is perfectly even.
J_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:22 AM   #8
datanoise
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K View Post
Someone took a H2O 2 apart and posted a pic
The light seems very even. Sounds like they managed to fix the problem they had on the One. Good to know!

Tags
aura one, comfortlight, h2o, quality control