Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-30-2017, 06:14 AM   #1
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Firmware update 5.17

Touch Lux 3, Touch HD and most newer devices receive firmware update 5.17.

Inkpad 2 still at 5.15. A noticeable drawback of the older firmware is that Dropbox does not sync.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Touch Lux 3, Touch HD and most newer devices receive firmware update 5.17.

Inkpad 2 still at 5.15. A noticeable drawback of the older firmware is that Dropbox does not sync.
What? TL3? Where it is written? Any official infirmation, please.
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassini View Post
What? TL3? Where it is written? Any official infirmation, please.
There was no official information. I tried to check myself to how many models it applies, and back then it seemed that Touch Lux 3 support has 5.17 download. I checked again right now and no, it doesn't. So I must have messed up last time. Sorry
Old 12-08-2017, 03:04 AM   #4
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Hello, just wondering if anyone else is having the issue of sideloaded fonts no longer being available in fw 5.17?

David
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:57 AM   #5
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Bookerly works for me for epubs using the stock reader app.

This update adds hyphenation dictionaries for a couple of languages. The hungarian one does not work though. The one that comes with LibreOffice does work.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Fonts work fine with both Coolreader and PB Reader on my device.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #7
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@LucyOne - thanks. I guess I'll try a fresh sideload of the fonts again and cross my fingers!

I have my copy of 5.16 but am reluctant to try rolling back.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #8
mobama
Evangelist

The only visible change with this update that I have noticed: When the device turns off when an epub is opened in Cool Reader, then at next startup the book will be forced into the default app.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:11 AM   #9
church mouse
Evangelist

@mobama For some reason my update caused the reader to not like my fonts folder. Twice I uninstalled and reloaded the fonts folder, the second time the reader was happy with it again. Strange.

The Coolreader bug has been enough for me to roll back to 5.16 at the moment.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:57 AM   #10
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post

The Coolreader bug has been enough for me to roll back to 5.16 at the moment.
It's a major annoyance, but not fatal for me. When I read in Coolreader, I either close the book when I finish or, when it restarts in the default reader, I close it in the manager thingie and reopen in Coolreader. Would be better without the annoyance of course.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:35 AM   #11
church mouse
Evangelist

This is the non Russian version of 5.16 to which I have been able to roll back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1syquz4o7b...6_579.zip?dl=0
Old 12-21-2017, 01:35 AM   #12
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
For now I have disabled the last opened book on startup and just open it manually in CR.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:47 AM   #13
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
For now I have disabled the last opened book on startup and just open it manually in CR.
LucyOne - I was finding that, whether or not I had "last opened book" enabled or disabled, when waking from a shut down (my reader was set to shut down after an hour to improve battery life), the reader would only open my current book with the the in-built reader. The only way to prevent this was not to allow the reader to shut down (but battery life is much worse that way).

Is this not happening for you?
Old 12-21-2017, 06:01 AM   #14
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
The only way to prevent this was not to allow the reader to shut down (but battery life is much worse that way).
The other way is to go to the home screen (just press the home button) every time you put the ereader down.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:33 AM   #15
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
The other way is to go to the home screen (just press the home button) every time you put the ereader down.
@mobama. Are you saying that returning to the home screen protects your reader choice after a shutdown?

For me, on 5.17, after a shutdown and restart, any book which has a "reading state" record will not open in CR but reverts to the in-built reader. The only ways to get CR to be able to open that book again for me are either:

1. Delete and reload the book OR

2. Delete the "reading state" record and restart the reader.

(I haven't tested whether marking the book as finished might also work).

Anyway, for now I am happy to stay with 5.16, since I really do not see what 5.17 brings to the party (apart from headaches )