Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
iBooks sorting problems following updates

Each time that I've updated iBooks, my carefully sorted bookshelf becomes a mess (sometimes real bad, other times, just a bit). So I've become a bit leary of updates to iBooks. I have a lot of books on my iPad and I'm not real keen on going through and rearranging the bookshelf yet again.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? Does anyone know of any solutions?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Each time that I've updated iBooks, my carefully sorted bookshelf becomes a mess (sometimes real bad, other times, just a bit). So I've become a bit leary of updates to iBooks. I have a lot of books on my iPad and I'm not real keen on going through and rearranging the bookshelf yet again.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? Does anyone know of any solutions?
The first couple of updates to iBooks, it did indeed lose the manual sort order of the bookshelf, but the recent updates haven't done so for me - the bookshelf has "survived" the update.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
... you can organise the visual bookshelf?!
I didn't know that; i just stuck to category view because the bookcase was so random.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_steve View Post
... you can organise the visual bookshelf?!
I didn't know that; i just stuck to category view because the bookcase was so random.
Go into "Edit" mode, and just drag the books around. It's easiest to do so in the "List" view.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Using collections can also make organizing the bookshelf easier.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Using collections can also make organizing the bookshelf easier.
Definitely! It's a pity, though, that you don't appear to be able to manually arrange the items within a collection.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:33 AM   #7
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Definitely! It's a pity, though, that you don't appear to be able to manually arrange the items within a collection.
Is that true? Im pretty sure I've been able to do that? I'll have to go away and check now.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:36 AM   #8
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just tried. it, and I was able to rearrange the order of ebooks within one of my collections.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
Just tried. it, and I was able to rearrange the order of ebooks within one of my collections.
Thanks - I'll have to try it again!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #10
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
How do you move them around in list view?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
How do you move them around in list view?
Tap the "Edit" button, then just drag them around by holding the three horizontal lines at the far right side of each entry.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #12
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
thank you
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Ha... so you can! Nifty, in a totally pointless way.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #14
adv_dp_fan
Zealot
adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Sony 505, iPad 1 & 3, Galaxy Note 8.1
Or just touch and hold on the book you want to move, wait for it to "rise up" and then drag it to it's new position in the collection.
adv_dp_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_steve View Post
Ha... so you can! Nifty, in a totally pointless way.
It's not pointless at all; being able to rearrange your bookshelf is something that personally I find extremely useful.