Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #16
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
@ =X= Thank you for the advice.

@ HarryT Thank you for the tip. Everything I learn is GOOD!
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #17
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
Hey guys. I just saw this thread, and also found this site while doing some regex work at work.

Pretty handy, it will let you test regular expressions against text in real time. I know you can do that with a text file and some practice, but this has some neat features. Check it out.
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #18
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogo View Post
Hey guys. I just saw this thread, and also found this site while doing some regex work at work.

Pretty handy, it will let you test regular expressions against text in real time. I know you can do that with a text file and some practice, but this has some neat features. Check it out.
Pretty cool site. Thanks...
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
Nate,

You're a wonder at these expressions. Do you have any suggestions for where I might teach myself this stuff? I use primarily Word for my editing.
I am not Nate either but I have a couple of suggestions for you. My first use of "regular expressions" was in MS Word. Later I found out that there are much more powerful RE tools. Try TextPad. My favorite editor (for the last 12 years or so) is Vim.

Get a book "Mastering regular expressions" by Jeffrey Friedl. That is THE book about regular expressions.

Mastering regular expressions was published by O'Reilly Media, Inc., and the recent edition (there were at least three I am aware of) is available in e-book format from Safari bookshelf.

You can see the book on google books here http://books.google.com/books?id=ucw...&cad=0#PPR7,M1
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote