Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 11-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
AGPTek mp3 player?

Anyone familiar AGPTek mp3 players, and how well they work with audiobooks? I'm seeing two that look like Sansa players: a $26 one that seems similar to the Clip+ but promises 30 hours of battery life, and a $29 one that looks like a version of the Clip Zip and offers 24 hours of battery life.

I'm really tempted to try the Clip Zip look-alike. There are some limitations (no Audible support, possible incompatibility with SanDisk mSDHC cards) but they don't matter to me; I like that the controls seem to be what I'm used to on the Sansas and I like the supposed long battery life.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Anyone familiar AGPTek mp3 players, and how well they work with audiobooks? I'm seeing two that look like Sansa players: a $26 one that seems similar to the Clip+ but promises 30 hours of battery life, and a $29 one that looks like a version of the Clip Zip and offers 24 hours of battery life.

I'm really tempted to try the Clip Zip look-alike. There are some limitations (no Audible support, possible incompatibility with SanDisk mSDHC cards) but they don't matter to me; I like that the controls seem to be what I'm used to on the Sansas and I like the supposed long battery life.
I don't know anything about the brand. Fakespot gives the company a C rating and a D rating for both devices. If it were me, I'd steer clear of these two players.

For the first player:

Quote:
There are indications of inauthentic/low quality reviews, you be the judge.

Our engine has analyzed and discovered that there are 43.7% low quality reviews detected.

Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there may be deception involved.

Our engine has determined that the review content quality is low.
...and the second player:

Quote:
There are indications of inauthentic/low quality reviews, you be the judge.

Our engine has analyzed and discovered that there are 52.4% low quality reviews detected.

Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is high deception involved.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:

Have both. JUST got the Zip look alike yesterday afternoon. Haven't had time to play with it yet Give me a couple days and I'll write ya up a review, ok?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Have both. JUST got the Zip look alike yesterday afternoon. Haven't had time to play with it yet Give me a couple days and I'll write ya up a review, ok?
S
How's the other one working out? Like I said above, I usually stay away from these brands, because I'm not willing to take a gamble with them.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:01 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had seen that fake rating site, but I also saw a number of posts in mp3 player forums that were positive. But they were more concerned with music, not audiobooks.

Silverraven, I very much look forward to your review!
Advert
Old 11-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #6
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uV...TQ5bG2s00UbCBA
My review got way too long to post here. I really tried to break everything down, comparing each to the Clip+ the Zip, and each other.
Let me know if you have any issues accessing it. Hope it answered everyone's questions.
Sorry it got so long!
S
Old 11-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You might want to post it in our wiki. We have a category for reviews.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
My review got way too long to post here. I really tried to break everything down, comparing each to the Clip+ the Zip, and each other.
Let me know if you have any issues accessing it. Hope it answered everyone's questions.
Sorry it got so long!
S
Thanks for the reviews. I've added them to the Media Players 2016 post in the "Black Friday - Tablets, eReaders, Media Players - 2016" thread.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sorry it got so long!
S
Great! Thank you so much for taking the time to post the reviews. I was waiting for your comments before ordering.

You've pushed me over the edge, I'm going to take a chance on the Bluetooth version, even though I don't need Bluetooth for audiobooks; if it works well I'll use it for music too.

Thanks again!
Old 11-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #10
silverraven
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You might want to post it in our wiki. We have a category for reviews.

Dale
Obviously I have missed something. I have no idea what or where this is. Would you mind giving me a hint?
Thank you!
S
Old 11-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #11
silverraven
Guru

Quote:
Great! Thank you so much for taking the time to post the reviews. I was waiting for your comments before ordering.

You've pushed me over the edge, I'm going to take a chance on the Bluetooth version, even though I don't need Bluetooth for audiobooks; if it works well I'll use it for music too.
Thanks again!
Let me know if you like it. I really hope you do! And how the Bluetooth works. I have one of their other models that has Bluetooth. I've never had an issue with the Bluetooth part of it. It doesn't have a dedicated volume button, which annoys the crud out of me, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. But, the battery life is great on it. I only use it for overnight listening, so I set the volume at one place and leave it. I have insomnia and use familiar audiobooks over and over to lull me back to sleep. Figure it's cheaper than Ambien!!
Wish I had seen the one with Bluetooth before I ordered.
S
Old 11-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Obviously I have missed something. I have no idea what or where this is. Would you mind giving me a hint?
Thank you!
S
Go to the top of any page:

Home | Forums | Wiki | Chat | Submit News! |

then hit: Wiki --> Technology --> Hardware Reviews --> Other
Old 11-15-2016, 04:19 PM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Let me know if you like it. I really hope you do! And how the Bluetooth works. I have one of their other models that has Bluetooth. I've never had an issue with the Bluetooth part of it. It doesn't have a dedicated volume button, which annoys the crud out of me, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. But, the battery life is great on it. I only use it for overnight listening, so I set the volume at one place and leave it. I have insomnia and use familiar audiobooks over and over to lull me back to sleep. Figure it's cheaper than Ambien!!
Wish I had seen the one with Bluetooth before I ordered.
S
It should be in my paws on Thursday. I'm excited to get it; I really didn't want to buy another yucky Clip Sport or jury-rig a new clip on the back of mine.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Go to the top of any page:

Home | Forums | Wiki | Chat | Submit News! |

then hit: Wiki --> Technology --> Hardware Reviews --> Other
Yes, you could just point to your review at the above location. However, you could also put your review in the wiki itself making it easier to maintain and making it accessible to all MobileRead users that know about our wiki. click on help in the left column to a short introduction if you are not familiar with wiki syntax. The source files are compatible with what you see in wikipedia. We use the same engine.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:52 AM   #15
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Hello people!

those of you who have ordered the AGPTek mp3 player, could you tell how it manages audiobooks in multiple files? They are a nightmare on my sansa jam.

Thanks!
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote