Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad rMini
Marvin xd error, IOS reader

When Calibre 3.0 starts up, I get a message that I need to install Marvin XD, iOS reader. I find the plug in, but get an error when I try to install it.

Here is the error:
calibre, version 3.0.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 726, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 464, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 668, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 662, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 898, in initialize
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 214, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 460, in load_library
File "lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 440, in LoadLibrary
File "lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 362, in __init__
OSError: dlopen(/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimobiledevice.5.dylib, 6): image not found
failed with traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 662, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 898, in initialize
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 214, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 460, in load_library
File "lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 440, in LoadLibrary
File "lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 362, in __init__
OSError: dlopen(/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimobiledevice.5.dylib, 6): image not found
Bobioden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

It also takes Calibre 3.0 more than 5 minutes to start-up.
Advert
Old 06-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The iOS reader plugin has not worked in a long time, since Apple closed off access to iOS devices. Simply uninstall it and the MArvin XD plugin and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
Bobioden
Connoisseur

Thanks, that fixed the problem.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #5
Acousticvillage
Enthusiast
Acousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad, Marvin 3, Mapleread
Hi Kovid. I've been having the same problem. But I love both Calibre 3 and Marvin 3. Is it still possible to transfer books from Calibre to marvin on my iPad?
Acousticvillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #6
Prissy72
Prissy72 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticvillage View Post
Hi Kovid. I've been having the same problem. But I love both Calibre 3 and Marvin 3. Is it still possible to transfer books from Calibre to marvin on my iPad?
I would like to do that as well
Prissy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:51 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This has nothing to do with calibre 3. Transferring books to Marvin via USB cable stopped working a while ago when Apple restricted access to iOS devices. You can still use one of the various wireless transfer methods.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:09 AM   #8
tempura
Connoisseur
tempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticvillage View Post
As Kovid already stated you can use one of the wireless methods. I personally, have been using the Calibre Content Server, and use the OPDS inside Marvin or the Content Server can still be used on their own.
tempura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Get Calibre Companion.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote