Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 02:43 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up New Feature : cut and paste book metadata

Thanks for this - been wanting it for ever.

One suggestion, a tweak to exclude a set of columns. If empty copy and paste all, of course. I would want to exclude pubdate.

Fortunately I wasn't using Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V for anything, so I made them Edit metadata->Cut and Paste - wonderful.

If anybody's wondering, Paste works on multiple books.

Best Enhancement since . . . let's say '-' and '=' to clear and set dates to now, and ' ' to clear ints and floats (I regard those as a boxed set)

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome

And yes, selecting the fields to paste is on my TODO list, I just didn't have the time for this release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:59 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I doubt I'd want to change the selection every time, but if previous selections persisted I'd be happy with that too

BR
Old 12-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I doubt I'd want to change the selection every time, but if previous selections persisted I'd be happy with that too
And ability to not copy cover.

BR
Old 12-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...6e44e3edd31bdc
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Finally got around to using this, I set the Tweak thus:

exclude_fields_on_paste = ['authors', 'title', 'pubdate', 'timestamp']

When I did a copy/paste metadata from book A to book B, the pubdate and timestamp were not changed, but the authors and title changed to "Unknown" and "Unknown" - everything else was copied.

BR
Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...8f4d75ada5e064
Old 01-12-2018, 05:18 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Thanks - sorry for the delay in testing, heads been elsewhere in the clouds.

BR - Happy NY
Old 01-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

just noticed another issue, if the target file is marked then after the paste the Mark has gone.

BR
Old 01-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
just noticed another issue, if the target file is marked then after the paste the Mark has gone.

BR
I cannot replicate that, after my fix for the titles/authors (although I dont see why that should make a difference).
Old 01-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I cannot replicate that, after my fix for the titles/authors (although I dont see why that should make a difference).
Nor me.

Maybe I toggled the Mark off with an inadvertent Ctrl+M. I have to confess it was a sample of 1 In prior usages of the feature I was more concerned about the Unknowns.

I'll keep my eyes open when I add today's downloads.

BR
Old 01-13-2018, 03:13 AM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Maybe I toggled the Mark off with an inadvertent Ctrl+M.
Today's downloads were fine, I must have hit Ctrl+M instead of Ctrl+V - that's a side of barn miss

BR