Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-16-2022, 04:18 PM   #1
imustafin
imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Pocketbook X (1040), Pocketbook 602 pro
Lightbulb Programming in Eiffel

Hello everyone!

Previously we could write programs in C and C++ which is quite straightforward with the published SDKs.

Less known are the Python (Pyinkview) and Go wrappers of libinkview.

And now I want to present you a new wrapper/SDK for the Eiffel programming language. It works with EiffelStudio 19.05.

The SDK (if we can call it so) consists of two parts:
1. The so called platform which configures EiffelStudio to use the official C/C++ PocketBook compilers. Available at https://github.com/imustafin/estudio...-linux-gnueabi.
2. The wrap_inkview Eiffel library which should provide a nice OOP-like interface for libinkview. Available at https://github.com/imustafin/wrap_inkview

Part 1 works, needs testing. Part 2 needs a lot of work to design and develop a good interface. For now it just provides direct access to C functions.

I am using this in pb-patience which is a patience/solitaire game collection for touchscreen PBs. I expect to extract the good inkview patterns to wrap_inkview.

All of this is tested on PB X.

Questions
1. What existing UI library/approach might be suitable for use in eInk devices in general and PB + inkview specifically?
2. Do PBs support libpthread? It compiles without any errors but crashes on the device. I wonder if I should try to fix it or is it even possible.
imustafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:03 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I know that they used to support pthreads for sure. I used it previously for some applications that had multiple threads (although that was about ten years ago). So, I expect that you could still use pthreads on the latest devices.

Note that I left the inkview event handling in the main thread, and spawned new threads for handling events I sent from the main thread.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote