Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-23-2006, 01:26 AM   #1
phuata
phuata began at the beginning.

Stepping up to the microphone

Hello, everyone! I've been lurking in this forum for months now, checking out the different e-readers. I've downloaded many novels from the Baen free library and have a subscription to their e-magazine, but want something more convenient to read them on. My main problem is that none of the devices coming out seem to be selling in Canada, which is where I live. Still, I'm reading and hoping.
phuata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Welcome! What part of Canada?
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Welcome eh!

Should we separate from the rest of MR and have a Canadian edition?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
mobileread.ca <- it's still available
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
phuata
phuata began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv
Welcome! What part of Canada?
The middle bit (Saskatchewan, if you know where that is).

I'll avoid the jokes about the Montreal representative promoting separation from the rest of the community and just say that unless Canadian companies start producing dedicated e-readers, we wouldn't have much to talk about.

Thanks for the welcome, all.
phuata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
mobileread.ca <- it's still available
Of course I realize that's a joke, but seriously the only split by geography I see for MR is what we have in the photo section!

For me, one of the nicest things about MR is the diversity of people we have. It's very cool!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Of course I realize that's a joke, but seriously the only split by geography I see for MR is what we have in the photo section!

For me, one of the nicest things about MR is the diversity of people we have. It's very cool!
Way cool!

Imagine Canada splitting up in Sakatshewan!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #8
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Saskatchewan? Isn't that a big furry monster?

I'm sorry, but as an American, it's my duty to deny the existence of other countries! I am kidding.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote