Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Calibre new computer transfer different to the last time

I kept the instructions from the last time I performed moving my Calibre library from one computer to another (that was quite a while ago). That time arose again recently when I had a new desktop computer put in my garage.

If I remember rightly, the last time that I did this procedure, there were quite a few steps to perform. However, after downloading Calibre to my new machine and then opening it, my books were already there in the new Calibre and I did not have to perform any steps. Why would this be? Would it be because I had already copied over my existing documents that included my Calibre library to my new machine before I downloaded the new version of Calibre?

Would I need to move anything else still such as calibre plug-ins?

Thanks in advance

HB

Last edited by Heathside Boy; 09-18-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You been a MobileRead member more than long enough to know how to use the forums correctly. Questions about Calibre belong in the Calibre forum, to where I'm now moving it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathside Boy View Post
Would it be because I had already copied over my existing documents that included my Calibre library to my new machine before I downloaded the new version of Calibre?
Probably yes. If you want to copy over the settings, plugins etc. as well, then copy-paste the configuration folder. Usually its location is User -> AppData -> Roaming - copy the folder named calibre and paste it in the same location on your new PC.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote