Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What are your choices for the August Book Club book?
The Great Impersonation by E. Phillips Oppenheim 2 14.29%
The Neon Rain by James Lee Burke 2 14.29%
The Guns of Navarone by Alistair MacLean 5 35.71%
Your Turn, Mr. Moto (aka No Hero) by John P. Marquand 6 42.86%
Vanishing Act by Thomas Perry 4 28.57%
Playing with Fire by Tess Gerritsen 3 21.43%
The Rook by Daniel O'Malley 3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #16
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks everyone!

I thought I would do something different this time. I am usually among the first to vote, but I decided this time to be among the last. I never checked the tallies, and last night I voted for the one book I submitted for consideration. Imagine my surprise when it revealed that my vote turned out to be the tie-breaker in an exciting race!

I'm looking forward to getting started on this one.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:31 PM   #17
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
So far so good. I think I'm going to like this one.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2017, 09:55 PM   #18
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
So far so good. I think I'm going to like this one.
Ditto. I like the pithy style.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote