Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post Kindle 5: nano (Nano’s ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone)

KINDLE 5: nano (Nano’s ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone)
Doubtless this is bundled somewhere. As usual, I couldn't find it.
http://www.nano-editor.org/

I used:
Quote:
export ARCH_FLAGS="-march=cortex-a8 -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=vfpv3"
export CFLAGS="-mfloat-abi=soft -fno-stack-protector -O2 -ffast-math ${ARCH_FLAGS} -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
export CXXFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector" CPPFLAGS="-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE"
export HOST=i686-pc-linux
export BUILD=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
With the Linaro 2014.04 sf binary TC via buildroot.
I configure my system as outlined at minimodding
http://minimodding.com/article9-Kind...ng-custom-apps

And run nano via ssh (pictured)
Quote:
[root@kindle root]# nano
In an attempt to be more gnu license compliant I have bundled the entire build result folder, with configs for those people really interested in self-harming, it's called nano-2.3.1-build.tar.gz, enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_091.png
Views:	805
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	92937  
Attached Files
File Type: gz nano.tar.gz (66.1 KB, 539 views)
File Type: gz nano-2.3.1-build.tar.gz (1.79 MB, 492 views)

Last edited by twobob; 09-27-2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: nano-2.3.1-build.tar.gz
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the one for the Kindle 3.

Couldn't remember if I shared it.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nano.tar.gz (74.3 KB, 486 views)
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
KINDLE 5: nano (Nano’s ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone)
Doubtless this is bundled somewhere. As usual, I couldn't find it. ...
MobileRead search / advanced / attachments / nano:
bobj: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=205978
aquarat: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1694008
twobob: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2175440
twobob: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2238650
twobob: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2345637

Personally, I have been using a static-linked nano I built when I first installed a debian loop mount on my first K3. It works on all the kindle models I have tested it on (no library dependencies with static link).

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-17-2012 at 02:28 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
twobob

hmm not all those links are for the 3 mate. but yeah I did post it before for the 3!

well. good to have it all in one place. more is more

That one is the non-cut-down version.

Last edited by twobob; 12-17-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #5
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Booo!

Vim rules!
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
twobob

And the debate rumbles on. No Nano rules!

lol
Old 12-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Linux editor religious wars will rage on forever! Emacs jihad!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Picking an editor is about as personal as picking a toothbrush.
The choice is entirely in the mind of the person making the decision.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
"vi is not an editor" - "What is it then?" - "I don't know, I think it makes music. All I seem to get from it is beeps."

(Found that somewhere on the usenet, still one of my favorites about vi).

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
geekmaster

Real Programmers

http://xkcd.com/378/
Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
geekmaster

Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #12
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Emacs
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #13
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Picking an editor is about as personal as picking a toothbrush.
Lots of people use the same text editors, whereas at least my toothbrush is for me only
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
editor, k5 tools, kindle5, nano, tools