Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #286
merboyz
merboyz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@merboyz: To be able to send you the link, you need to enable Personal Messages in you account. Do this under "Edit Options" in the Control Panel.
I didn't find that option in all my control panel, could you help me?
Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #287
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think it's hidden until a member has a certain number of posts
Old 06-29-2017, 07:46 PM   #288
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No, it isn't. There are plenty of firmware requests from people with only one post who have PMs active. I haven't been able to see why it isn't for everyone. It's probably needed to ask a moderator.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #289
hummus88
hummus88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, can I have an SD image for the Kobo Glo? Mine is bricked.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #290
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:43 PM   #291
sayefong
sayefong began at the beginning.

Can you please send me the kobo glo n613 SD card image? Thanks
Old 08-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #292
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #293
koboglo
koboglo began at the beginning.

My Kobo Glo is completely and utterly stuck so if someone can send me the SD card image, that would be great.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:50 AM   #294
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:34 AM   #295
Moraes
Moraes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello guys,

My kobo glo HD as just bricked. . Please anyone have the backup image available + serial number and procedure?

Thank you so much!

John Moraes
Old 09-26-2017, 01:26 AM   #296
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Pm sent in response to the other post and PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:41 PM   #297
omarif
omarif began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I also need a glo image
Cheers
O
Old 10-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #298
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #299
carlese
carlese began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hi. my kobo glo is acting weird.. I charge it and it goes max to 96%, then i unplug it and goes down to 50%, then plug it back and goes up to 76% and so on.. Tried updating to the latest firmware, factory reset but still have the same problem.. Do you think that flashing the SD image can help? Last chance would be to replace the battery as another user suggested here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291696

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #300
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have sent you a PM with the link to the image, but, it is very unlikely that reimaging the SD card. The image will just give you the same firmware version that a factory reset does. If that didn't change anything, then it is unlikely the image will.

The most likely thing is that the battery is dieing. Li-Ion batteries have a limited life, and what you describe suggests that it is reaching the end of it's life. Replacing the battery is probably the only choice.

There is a small chance that something is causing the battery to drain quickly. A failing SD card can do that because it causes higher IO and CPU usage while the card is being read or written to. I saw this with my Glo, but it had other problems that pointed to the SD card as well. If you have a card you can use, it won't harm to try it.
Closed Thread