Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 08-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #16
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Added September 2015 vote link.

If you haven't checked out the proposed 2016 category order I have included it in the first post along with a link for comments if you want to give some before it is set.

Also, this thread does get regular updates despite not being bumped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I appreciate the updates you do.
Agreed. I use the thread every month.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:05 AM   #17
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Mid-year bump.

For anyone who is interested here are some stats thru June 2016:
  • The first MR Book Club selection was in November 2008.
  • There were 2 months with multiple selections (October 2009, March 2010)
  • There have been 94 different selections (92 months plus 2 months with 2 selections)
  • There have been 85 unique authors selected
  • There have been 8 authors selected multiple times (E.M. Forster has been selected 3 times)
  • There have been 25 different categories used (1 more will be added this year, 2 if "Thriller, Suspense, & Crime" is counted.)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:49 AM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
If I'm counting right, that means December's vote will be for our 100th book. Is that right?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #19
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's the way I count it. October's selection will make 8 complete years.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:22 AM   #20
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Mid-year bump.

For anyone who is interested here are some stats thru June 2016:
  • The first MR Book Club selection was in November 2008.
  • There were 2 months with multiple selections (October 2009, March 2010)
  • There have been 94 different selections (92 months plus 2 months with 2 selections)
  • There have been 85 unique authors selected
  • There have been 8 authors selected multiple times (E.M. Forster has been selected 3 times)
  • There have been 25 different categories used (1 more will be added this year, 2 if "Thriller, Suspense, & Crime" is counted.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
If I'm counting right, that means December's vote will be for our 100th book. Is that right?

Quote:
That's the way I count it. October's selection will make 8 complete years.
Pretty awesome info!! And thank you both for your dedication to this book club!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #21
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Oooooooops! I just found about 5 more books I want to read in the list.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:14 PM   #22
Dazrin
Wizard

This thread has been up since 2014 and no one could tell me that I spelled All Quiet on the Western Front wrong? Sheesh!

October's selection of The Loved One by Evelyn Waugh makes 8 complete years of the MR Book Club!
Old 10-01-2016, 10:36 PM   #23
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
This thread has been up since 2014 and no one could tell me that I spelled All Quiet on the Western Front wrong? Sheesh!
Umm, there's the pesky matter of the author's name as well. Or is that what you meant?

And I want to add a hearty thank you for being official record keeper!

Last edited by issybird; 10-01-2016 at 10:38 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #24
Dazrin
Wizard

Did not notice that. Oops. In my defense, the old spelling and incorrect author name came from the discussion thread title. I will fix the author name when I get to my desktop. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-02-2016, 08:17 AM   #25
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This thread has been up since 2014 and no one could tell me that I spelled All Quiet on the Western Front wrong? Sheesh! ...
Quite nicely done!

Quote:
Did not notice that. Oops. In my defense, the old spelling and incorrect author name came from the discussion thread title. I will fix the author name when I get to my desktop. Thanks for the help!
And in my defense, the MobileRead software truncated the author's name, which is one reason I don't usually put the author's name in the title. Fixed now, by removing the author's name from the thread title.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:28 PM   #26
Dazrin
Wizard

Quote:
This thread is quite old and may contain outdated information. We recommend that you begin a new discussion if you like to talk about a similar topic. Of course, you may also proceed and reply here.
Ya, ya, ya. I know.

I have updated the lists above for April 2017 and am trying out some different formatting in the first couple posts and want some feedback.

I have been adding links to the nomination and voting threads since I find that information useful when a category comes back around. But those links added a lot of clutter to the lists. Hopefully the new formatting helps reduce that.
  • Does the new formatting work for everyone else?
  • Is there any value to the vote/nomination links or should I remove them?
  • Is my general information summary accurate and clear?
  • Did I miss anything?
  • Any other suggestions?
Old 07-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #27
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Dazrin, I believe the first post needs to be updated? Discussion is now started as soon as voting is complete?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #28
Dazrin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Dazrin, I believe the first post needs to be updated? Discussion is now started as soon as voting is complete?
Thank you, updated.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #29
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Thanks, Dazrin (and John).