Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-14-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
mrbonheur
mrbonheur began at the beginning.

Two Videos - Jinke V8

I was wondering if these videos were already posted. I found them on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASHLYM0le9Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6xH-r64sw

I think that the mangas are quite readable though, but I really dislike the white plastic aspect. Why couldn't they use a more inspiring colour? The design and e-ink display are going to be the same for V2.

You can easily find a video about the e-ink technology on Youtube too. German language skills recommended

Last edited by mrbonheur; 05-14-2006 at 09:32 AM.
mrbonheur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
old news unfortunately...but thanks anyway.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hmmm... I think I missed those before. Kind of enjoyed it. It gives you a feel for the delay in the buttons and the page changes. The guy using it seemed to not really know whether his button pushes had registered, which I guess is worse than the wait itself. But maybe not too bad if you are just turning pages sequentially in a book.

Still.... zippier is better.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
The guy in the vid seems pretty clueless anyway...:-)

I can't understand the dialogue, but it's really funny to watch...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I noticed the red light blinking at the top left (in the middle of the SD label) -- it seemed to indicate some sort of processing going on (I don't think the guy ever seemed to notice it). I'm wondering if that indicates that it's acknowledging a button push or just accessing the SD card....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert