Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #16
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I was afraid they would discontinue the Voyage. I really like the size and although I wasn't sure about the haptic buttons at first , I do like them now. I got a spare Voyage just in case for backup. It's getting harder to find a e ink that I really like as much as the Voyage. I hope when they come out with the new paperwhite they will add some of the Voyage features, like buttons\ haptic or regular. and the Voyage screen and battery.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #17
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I was afraid they would discontinue the Voyage. I really like the size and although I wasn't sure about the haptic buttons at first , I do like them now. I got a spare Voyage just in case for backup. It's getting harder to find a e ink that I really like as much as the Voyage. I hope when they come out with the new paperwhite they will add some of the Voyage features, like buttons\ haptic or regular. and the Voyage screen and battery.
LOL! in other words, kill the PW, and make the Voyage with a new name! Works for me so long as the prices don't change!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #18
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
LOL! in other words, kill the PW, and make the Voyage with a new name! Works for me so long as the prices don't change!
LOl ! Ah but the trick is to buy them on sale ! I know it's all wishful thinking. I also think that the Oasis 2 8G is the replacement price point for the Voyage. It's already been on sale for the same price as a new Voyage. So maybe Amazon thinks it's the middle price point between the Oasis 2 32G and the paperwhite. It will be interesting to see what the new paperwhite will have. Maybe audible ?
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #19
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Yes, the lighting and clarity on Voyage is better than Paperwhite and the bezel on the Paperwhite collects crud, which is annoying. And not to forget, Voyage has a light sensor. I like but don’t need the buttons, but if something happens to my Voyage, it would be hard to go back to a Paperwhite just to avoid laying out $200 for an Oasis (I paid $150 for my Voyage), and then maybe not liking it enough to use it frequently.

Paperwhite is the most popular model in the lineup so they’ll keep that name for the mid-range Kindle. It’ll have 8GB, Bluetooth (Audible), probably the same CPU as Oasis (Invert feature). The form factor has not changed but I think it is time to shrink it a bit.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #20
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have 2 Voyages and I hope they last until Amazon is smart enough to bring that design back.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2018, 07:43 PM   #21
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
I love my Voyage! It is such a comfortable size and weight. I like the haptic buttons so that I don't get fingerprints on the screen (I often eat and read at the same time). I don't know how long they are expected to last but I have had mine since they first came out.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:43 PM   #22
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
In the end, it isn't the name of the device going forward that is important, it's the features of the device.

Stick a flush screen on the PW3, give it page buttons and you've got yourself a Voyage 2. Or PaperWhite 4.

IMHO, Amazon would have to be crazy to take those features away from their mid-level offering.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #23
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I liked the Voyage so much I gave my to a deserving college student. Now, I'm hoping Amazon doesn't ruin the Kindle line with colored lights, origami cases, and buttons.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #24
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
IMO the Voyage was one of the best Kindles Amazon produced. Display quality, flush haptic "buttons" and bezel. Overall, a beautiful design. That, plus the brilliant origami case. I love my OA2s but I will never part with my two Voyages.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #25
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I will never get rid of my voyage. For ease of locating the page forward area in the dark, I put 2 tiny puffed stickers midway on the press "line." It works perfectly.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #26
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I liked the Voyage so much I gave my to a deserving college student. Now, I'm hoping Amazon doesn't ruin the Kindle line with colored lights, origami cases, and buttons.
What??
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #27
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
What??
Should I repeat the post?
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #28
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm guessing the next paperwhite will have the flush screen, etc. and be closer to the voyage or something along those lines... who knows.
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:32 AM   #29
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
There's a new article on PCMag about the possible demise of the Voyage. It doesn't say anything really new but still interesting.

Amazon Stops Selling the Kindle Voyage

https://www.pcmag.com/news/363206/am...-kindle-voyage
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:16 AM   #30
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post
There's a new article on PCMag about the possible demise of the Voyage. It doesn't say anything really new but still interesting.

Amazon Stops Selling the Kindle Voyage

https://www.pcmag.com/news/363206/am...-kindle-voyage
The phantom of the color ereader...
I have a feeling they have just stumbled upon a few threads like this one and added some generic ‘advanced technology’ and ‘business strategy’ flavor. Unfortunately, it seems, they know nothing that anyone else cannot think of either...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote