Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 02:24 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It looks like someone at Kobo has been listening to the complaints about using the WiFi when behind a firewall. This firmware has a new key in the FeatureSettings section. I just tested with the following in the config file:

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
IgnoreCaptivePortal=true
I then turned off WiFi, unplugged my WiFi router from the outside world. When I turned on the WiFi again, it connected to my network and I was able to connect to my calibre library using the browser.

So, it looks like this turns off the connection test and allows WiFi use when this does not work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:35 AM   #32
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't think I ever noticed a problem, but looking at the synopsis on my Glo, they look fine to me. It doesn't look any different to how the Glo HD displays them. Or the Aura H2O.
In recent firmware versions the line-height of the synopsis was set to 1em for Glo/Aura/Aura2 devices, and 1.25 em- 1.5em for other devices. The problem was that 1em is low enough to trigger the sort of page-break bugs that also occur in KePub books when the line spacing is too narrow.

If I'm reading it right, This new firmware has changed the synopsis line spacing to 1.4em for the Glo/Aura/Aura2, and 1.35em - 1.45em for other devices, plenty wide enough to avoid any problems.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2018, 05:48 AM   #33
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Does anybody have a problem with pictures in the books? Because they are lost in my Clara with the new FW?

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 07-06-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Does anybody have a problem with pictures in the books? Because they are lost in my Clara with the new FW?
I just checked a sideloaded epub and kepub, and the pictures were fine. That is on my Glo HD.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #35
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I just checked a sideloaded epub and kepub, and the pictures were fine. That is on my Glo HD.
Then I'll have to check because all my ebooks are wrong. Do you guess what I can to look at?
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #36
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Tried the search function on a Glo HD with a KePub and it's pretty fast even with 100+ results, I'm very pleased with it (finally!). Also yes, the line spacing in the synopsis has definitely changed; I distinctly remember seeing cut-off text with all my books in the previous firmware, but now everything looks normal.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #37
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Seems to be a bug in the Mark 5 firmware that eliminates the top margin in epubs. At least this is what's happening with my 1st gen Aura. I'm going back to 4.8.11073.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #38
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Seems to be a bug in the Mark 5 firmware that eliminates the top margin in epubs. At least this is what's happening with my 1st gen Aura. I'm going back to 4.8.11073.
Does someone know if this occur also with mark 6 devices (e.g. H2O ed1)?
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #39
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Recent known and new bugs:
  • Still a tap to change the reading progress display.
  • For epubs, the initial display is shifted up so that there is virtually no top margin. But, when you change the reading settings, the page is reformatted to have the usual top margin. It will also be fixed after using the previous location button, after navigating to another page via the ToC or the navigation bar.
Quoting for the last two posters.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:59 PM   #40
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Search *still* doens't work for books that don't have a ToC entry for every internal file.. (I don't know why I even bother testing.).. and with the shifted up bug.... well epub is worse off than ever on kobo devices.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:34 AM   #41
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
  • For epubs, the initial display is shifted up so that there is virtually no top margin. But, when you change the reading settings, the page is reformatted to have the usual top margin. It will also be fixed after using the previous location button, after navigating to another page via the ToC or the navigation bar.
Has anyone tested whether this affects ePubs when reading in full-screen mode?

Hopefully it doesn't, since there is no built-in top margin in full-screen mode to begin with, only what is set by the book's stylesheet (or firmware patch.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:46 AM   #42
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Quoting for the last two posters.
OK. I had seen this, but I was asking for confirmation about possible differences in the firmwares for mark 4/5 and mark 6/7 readers (it seems that they are not exactly the same: fw 4.9.11311 vs 4.9.11314).
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:34 AM   #43
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
[*]For epubs, the initial display is shifted up so that there is virtually no top margin. But…
Very unpleasant mistake. Will this be fixed?
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
OK. I had seen this, but I was asking for confirmation about possible differences in the firmwares for mark 4/5 and mark 6/7 readers (it seems that they are not exactly the same: fw 4.9.11311 vs 4.9.11314).
You can treat these two versions as the same. The different numbers are build numbers. I don't know why Kobo needed three extra builds for the mark 4 and 5 devices, but I am sure it will have been for device specific reasons such as drivers.

In any case, the problem is affecting all devices.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Very unpleasant mistake. Will this be fixed?
I expect it will be fixed. But, as for all problems like this, I recommend reporting the problem to Kobo. Even though I know they know about this, others reporting it will make sure that Kobo understand it is an important problem and needs to be fixed.