Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
Kathymm
Kathymm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle app / audible
About kindle book loan - emergency relaxation needed

If I loan my kindle book to someone, does my whispersync version travel with the loan? Emergency...needed for pre-Christmas relaxation!!
Thanks
Kathymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
You do not have access to your book while it is loaned out.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What do you mean by whispersync version? Do you mean whispersync for voice (ie: Audible) or something to do with whispersync (the syncing of reading position, notes, etc.)?

If you mean is your Audible version still available to you if you loan the eBook, yes it should be.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
Kathymm
Kathymm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle app / audible
I wasn’t clear, I would like to loan the audible book to my daughter after I purchase it for the kindle book that I own. She works a lot and loves to listen to books while she is working. Thanks.
Kathymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
how do you share books?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2017, 09:18 PM   #6
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
My sister listens to my Audible books on her Iphone and I've never had that interfere with my whispersync. I can't really be sure we've ever read one at the same time but it's a fairly safe bet that we have. She has access to my account on her Iphone so I never really know what she's listening to.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #7
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Whispersync link doesn't travel between accounts unless the accounts are linked via the family household option. You can loan either the ebook or the audiobook and then use the one you didn't loan during the loan period.

If you have a linked family household account, only one person can read/listen to that selection because the mark of where you are in the book will keep changing as you read.

It was pretty funny once when my brother and I turned out to be listening to the same book - couldn't figure out why it would be in a completely different place every time I would start it again.

Last edited by Tarana; 12-01-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote