Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #46
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I have the Apple one. It doesn’t have a back. Which one do you have?

I have never used one on my tablets either, but was wondering if the ‘pencil’ would make a difference.

Thanks
It is the logitech iPad Pro 12.9 keyboard case with a backlit wireless keyboard with smart connector. It is specific to the 1st generation iPad Pro 12.9. I use it exclusively at work. At home I tend to use a leather case without a keyboard since I don't tend to type much at home.

I've had no issues with the Apple pencil scratching the screen.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:00 AM   #47
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
What am I missing? If I press on an icon, it just give me the wiggle delete option.
If your device supports it, it should just be a hard quick press to bring up a menu of options, but older devices don't support it. Check under Settings / Accessability / 3D Touch.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:46 AM   #48
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
What am I missing? If I press on an icon, it just give me the wiggle delete option.
In this case, it's the iPad that's missing something. Only iPhones 6s(+) and newer have 3D Touch capability. I reckon it's difficult for Apple to adapt the tech to the iPad's display size.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-25-2018 at 05:48 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #49
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I started using the Poetic Lumos X one piece case and cover ($19 at Amazon). So far, two thumbs up.

The cover seems to work as well as the Apple Smart cover (similar trifold). The clear back protector is made of a slightly soft material, fits snugly, and holds the Apple Pencil just fine. It protects the corners decently. There is a circular pencil stand for active use, so your pencil doesn't roll away when you set it down in use.

I cannot speak to how durable it will be.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #50
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I have ipads and Android and I prefer Android. You can customize more.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #51
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
If your device supports it, it should just be a hard quick press to bring up a menu of options, but older devices don't support it. Check under Settings / Accessability / 3D Touch.
I have the newest iPad Pro 10.5 and I can’t find 3D Touch.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:13 AM   #52
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
In this case, it's the iPad that's missing something. Only iPhones 6s(+) and newer have 3D Touch capability. I reckon it's difficult for Apple to adapt the tech to the iPad's display size.
Thanks I see it on my phone. But not on my iPad.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:38 AM   #53
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I really would recommend installing iTunes; it's an extremely useful program. The ability to copy files directly to and from the iPad is particularly useful.
Can you sync/connect the iPad to more than one computer. I remember in the past it could only be connected and synced to one computer. Has that changed.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #54
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I have ipads and Android and I prefer Android. You can customize more.

Yes, this is something I really miss! My favorite calendar app is NOT available for iPad, and I really miss having my widget with my scrolling list of appointments and to-do items right there on my home screen. Customized so the colors look super with my wallpaper.

That and I hate grids of icons all over my home screen, I prefer fewer program icons, my most used are in a dock at the bottom I can scroll to easily.

Fortunately, my phone is Android, so I have both worlds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #55
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm studying part time for a degree in Egyptology, and one of my main uses of my iPad is reading the large number of journal articles and other reference works in PDF format that my course entails. I find it excellent as a PDF reader, and the 10.5" screen size is, for me, the ideal compromise between size and portability. (I previously had both 9.7" and 12.9" iPads, and sold them after I got the 10.5".)
Didn't know you were studying Egyptology.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #56
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I caved and got an iphone 8 product red andit now has the warm orange light for night reading.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #57
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I caved and got an iphone 8 product red andit now has the warm orange light for night reading.
Congrats, nice phone
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #58
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I mentioned on a different thread, I plan to upgrade my big iPad Pro real soon. Right now, I'm just waiting to see if Apple announces a new iPad Pro at the start of June. Rumor has it they are going to do a refresh. I'm really most interested in the extra memory (512 GB rather than my current 128 GB which is getting a bit tight), but I can hold out a couple of weeks to get a slightly faster processor and maybe face recognition. With a 512 GB iPad, I can put all my ebooks and audiobooks (200 GB worth) on it! Don't know if I have a burning need to have all my audiobooks, like I do with the ebooks, but certainly it will be nice to have all my favorites on there without worrying about space.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:48 PM   #59
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I’m expecting them to refresh the big iPad with the same small bezel treatment they gave the 10.5” model. There’s a strong rumor they’ll do away with the fingerprint sensor in favor of the face scan unlock in the latest iPhone. We’ll see.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:22 AM   #60
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I’m expecting them to refresh the big iPad with the same small bezel treatment they gave the 10.5” model. There’s a strong rumor they’ll do away with the fingerprint sensor in favor of the face scan unlock in the latest iPhone. We’ll see.
Yep, those are the rumors that I've been hearing.