Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #466
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
These tools (Mobi2mobi-GUI and MobiPerl in general) are becoming quite dated. There's been no active development on them in quite some time. If anyone is hoping for updates or bugfixes at this time, you might be disappointed. Links to the code (for both the gui-frontend and the underlying perl scripts) are posted in the various threads for anyone who feels energetic enough to try.

They were invaluable learning/modification tools for their time, but I'm afraid their heydays may have come and gone.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-25-2015 at 01:08 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #467
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Stop being mean they deserve an update!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=3053291
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=3053421
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #468
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Stop being mean they deserve an update!
Mean? Nah ... more like mercy.
I cut my teeth on Mobiperl. Taught me most of what (little) I know about the guts of the mobi format.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:03 AM   #469
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
I would just like to confirm for anyone still using the GUI that I have officially stopped any further development of the application. The source code is available so feel free to pull it apart and tweak to your hearts content. Have fun.
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:50 AM   #470
waterqds
waterqds began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I finally make it work.

1. Make Mobi2mobi GUI create its batch file in default system encoding, instead of UTF8.
In this way, the batch file can correct process local filenames, e.g. Chinese filename.

< Dim swBat As New StreamWriter(path, False, System.Text.Encoding.[Default])
---
> Dim swBat As StreamWriter = File.CreateText(path)

2. Adjust its GUI form to show the controls in my computer display better.

3. Now the hard part. Make mobiperl translate its command line parameters into UTF8 before update mobi file. You can not exec mobi2mobi.exe in command line or perl system() call to pass the UTF8 arguments. Program exec will go via local encoding.

I have changed the orginal mobiperl.pl into a Perl Module m2mrun.pm. The module has one interface m2mrun::m2mrun(...) which take the same arguments as the old command line. Of course, it has no issue with the UTF8 encoding now.

The only thing left is, write a new mobi2mobi.pl which translate its command line parameters from system encoding (GBK in my case) into UTF8 and call m2mrun(...).

Now all works fine. In order to work better, you can also change the Mobiperl::EXTH.pm, update all known EXTH names and binary EXTH tags.

Thanks for Jad, DiapDealer. Really appreciated it.
waterqds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #471
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterqds View Post
3. Now the hard part. Make mobiperl translate its command line parameters into UTF8 before update mobi file. You can not exec mobi2mobi.exe in command line or perl system() call to pass the UTF8 arguments. Program exec will go via local encoding.
Does this offer any help? I'm not really much of a Perl guy.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-utf-8-in-perl

Uses the I18N::Langinfo module to detect the original encoding of the arguments, which you can then convert to Perl strings. Output can then be changed to whatever encoding is desired/required.

EDIT: Oops. It appears (from the comments) that I18N::Langinfo may not be available on win32.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-01-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:26 AM   #472
waterqds

Actually I have completed the work.

Mobi2mobiGUI created .bat in system encoding. mobi2mobi.pl convert the parameters to UTF8 and call m2mrun.pm module (no exec call) using Perl's subroutine call. The output is in UTF8 encoding and mobi2mobi.pl convert it to system encoding.
The GUI will read the system encoding file and works correctly.

I don't know how to upload files so I hope the above details are enough for anyone to make it work.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #473
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The Go Advanced editing button includes a pane for uploading attachments.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #474
waterqds

Mobi2mobi with mobiperl for GBK system encoding

The attached is the Mobi2mobiGUI with mobiperl for GBK system encoding.

You can change the mobi2mibi.pl to make it work with other system encoding. Just change the line my $system_encoding = "gbk";

You have to install Perl for Windows and needed modules.
Encode; # also install Encode submodule for your system
Palm::PDB;
Palm:: Doc;
Date::Format; # for ctime call
Getopt::Mixed;
Image::Size; # Used to recognize the first record that is an image

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mobi2mobiGUI.zip (96.0 KB, 1049 views)
Old 03-01-2015, 06:43 PM   #475
waterqds

unofficial Mobi2mobiGUI v12 source from water

The attached file is the unofficial Mobi2mobiGUI v12 source which create batch file in system encoding, instead of UTF8.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v12_Source_GPL.zip (60.7 KB, 1000 views)
Old 03-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #476
mirkorm
mirkorm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd (Keyboard)
Hi everybody,
I've just downloaded mobi2mobi and really can't figure out why it doesn't load my ebooks' metadata.
I've downloaded both mobiperl 0.0.36 and 0.0.43 and loaded them on the GUI; I already had MS .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed so I didn't remove it to install the 3.5 version.
Anyway when I try to load a file (I tried azw, mobi, prc and lit but nothing worked) this message appears (look image) and if I click continue no metadata is loaded anyway.
ps if I try to remove the m2mcmds.bat file it says access denied, even if I try to change permissions and ownerships.

this is the detailed error message:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Mirko\Desktop\mobiperl-0.0.43_Win32\m2mcmds.bat' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
   at WindowsApplication1.progbOpenFile.BuildBatch(String path, String output)
   at WindowsApplication1.progbOpenFile.btnOpenFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.6
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.6
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mirko/Downloads/Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v10/Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v10/Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_Slim.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1009
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	136024  
mirkorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #477
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkorm View Post
Hi everybody,
I've just downloaded mobi2mobi and really can't figure out why it doesn't load my ebooks' metadata.
I can't help you with your specific problem, but if you only want to change the metadata of a Kindle book, check out Java Mobi Metadata Editor.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi