Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #46
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Nope. Sorry. I don't believe it's not true. Now NatCh has changed the link to make us think this is a joke. But earlier today it took you to the Sony website for press releases - it just wasn't posted there yet. Nope. I don't believe it's not true. Nope. No way.

(is it?)
Absolutely not!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #47
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
So when the village idiot yells at the top of his lungs for everyone to be serious, does it make a sound?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #48
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
So when the village idiot yells at the top of his lungs for everyone to be serious, does it make a sound?
Apparently not.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #49
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I heard that Sony and Google decided not to formally announce this today due to Google being well known for April 1 (fools) jokes on their search engine. so, they will be putting out the official press release tomorrow, April 2nd. I can't wait to see it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #50
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
My spleen!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #51
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
"Open is very important to us."
That's where you got me!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #52
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
My spleen!

Will they be selling your forthcoming new book - "A history of My Spleens, with color illustrations" ?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #53
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Quote:
"Open is very important to us."
That's where you got me!
I admit that I'm a mite proud of that particular line. I originally had this in there too, but I decided it was too much of a give-away:
Quote:
When asked for a comment on the new Sony/Google/Barnes & Noble partnership Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos's only response was, "Well ... $#!^."
Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #54
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NatCh, you dog, you! You suckered me in the whole way. I started off thinking this was a joke but couldn't get past the problem that it meant that you were posting a joke citing real vendors and I became intrigued over the DRM Lite. And so I convinced myself, with a little help from you, that it was real. So then I sat back quietly laughing my head off as I read posts from people who thought it was a joke. All the while, you're sitting back laughing your head off at the whole show. You're just a dog! And that's a compliment. Good show!!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #55
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Oh, and have I said lately that you're a dog!?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #56
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Oh, and have I said lately that you're a dog!?
It takes one to know one!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #57
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
NatCh, you dog, you! You suckered me in the whole way.
He suckered me as well. I even forwarded a link to his post to several clients and had to -- in a cloud of embarassment -- followup with a note admitting I'd been suckered.

With all that has really been happening in the past few weeks -- Sony and Google partnering, B&N buying Fictionwise -- this was believeable and in my case, wished for.

I to the great master of deception in my
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #58
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Bah humbug!
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #59
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
I'm crushed. I even cleaned the pocket lint off my Barnes & Noble discount card, in hopes I might actually use it again. For shame. ;-)
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #60
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
With all that has really been happening in the past few weeks -- Sony and Google partnering, B&N buying Fictionwise -- this was believeable and in my case, wished for.
Don't feel too bad, guys (and I use the term in the gender-neutral sense ) -- I considered all those things and used them ruthlessly and with malice aforethought in putting all this together.

Basically, I set out to "announce" something I wished would happen, and then added the negatives that I figured they'd include in the mix if they were going to actually do it, specifically because those negatives would make the whole thing more believable.

Thanks to all those who bought the pig.

Tags
april fools!, barnes & noble, e-book, ebook, google, google books, reader, sony