Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
mdavidjohnson
mdavidjohnson began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Kindle App

I have organized the books on my iPad Kindle App into Collections. Within each collection, how do I get the books into alphabetical order?
mdavidjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It is unfortunately not an option. It appears that it is ordered by when the item was added. So you can move an item to bottom of list by removing and re-adding the item. But that’s it.

Not sure this is a regression from previous behavior, I don’t browse by collection, I just use them to track reading status.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2018, 08:18 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I don't know about previous versions, but I just tried using Kindle for iOS 6.5 and I noticed that you can manually re-order books within a collection by pressing the pencil icon. That puts you in a mode where you can hold and drag cover images to move them.

I don't see a way to do any type of sort though.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad kindle