Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #1981
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Tom Wolfe journalist and author of The Right Stuff and Bonfire of the Vanities has passed away.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:02 AM   #1982
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Pulitzer winner Philip Roth died on Tuesday (US time) at age 85, probably best known for his 1969 novel Portnoy's Complaint.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:03 PM   #1983
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
A friend of mine passed away on Thursday evening. Tammy Andrews age 47 ( a few months younger than me). She had been dealing with health issues for a while with dialysis and other problems and lately bronchitis. I guess her mom went to the store while Tammy laid down on the couch and when she got back Tammy had gone. Her brother is one of the local 1st responders. Her dad had just passed back in January. Me and mom attended his service. So now her mom has lost a husband and a daughter in less than six months.
crich70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:13 PM   #1984
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This is for Jenni who reached out to me in my darkest hour the night after my sister died. A complete stranger who was like an angel to me giving me words of comfort. She died last week I just found out and leaves behind a little baby girl and son and a husband.

Rest in peace sweet one.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #1985
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
A friend of mine passed away on Thursday evening. Tammy Andrews age 47 ( a few months younger than me). She had been dealing with health issues for a while with dialysis and other problems and lately bronchitis. I guess her mom went to the store while Tammy laid down on the couch and when she got back Tammy had gone. Her brother is one of the local 1st responders. Her dad had just passed back in January. Me and mom attended his service. So now her mom has lost a husband and a daughter in less than six months.
So sorry for your loss, crich70. How sad for your friend's family, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is for Jenni who reached out to me in my darkest hour the night after my sister died. A complete stranger who was like an angel to me giving me words of comfort. She died last week I just found out and leaves behind a little baby girl and son and a husband. Rest in peace sweet one.
Very sad.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:04 AM   #1986
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
So sorry for your loss, crich70. How sad for your friend's family, too.
Thank you FizzyWater. I attended her visitation on Thursday last and then on Friday was the actual service. I can't seem to stay away from the Funeral home here in town this year. First my friend Tammy's dad, then my mom (they made the arrangements) and now Tammy. I hope I've made my last trip there for a while.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #1987
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I'm lighting a candle for my father who passed away on June 20, quite unexpectedly, from heart failure. It's a huge loss for our family. He would have been 80 in December and we were all making plans for his birthday.

I love you, Daddy.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:04 PM   #1988
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
So sorry for your loss Sirtel.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #1989
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I'm lighting a candle for my father who passed away on June 20, quite unexpectedly, from heart failure. It's a huge loss for our family. He would have been 80 in December and we were all making plans for his birthday.

I love you, Daddy.
My condolences Sirtel.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #1990
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Very sorry to hear about your father, Sirtel.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:20 AM   #1991
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Oh, I'm so sorry, Sirtel.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #1992
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post

I love you, Daddy.
My condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss.

It's very hard to lose someone unexpectedly, you feel like you whole world has shattered and you're in shock and flailing in the dark. Be gentle with yourself. Write everything down when you start forgetting things. I've started using a bullet journal so I can remember things I need to do or even if I eaten. Grief can make you feel like you have Dementia at times. It's normal. It's a painful journey that no one but those who had to it happen to them will ever understand. My biggest realization is that people and life will go on and they expect YOU to go on as before but life will never be the same and they won't realize that but you just have to be gentle with yourself and began to find your new normal. Grief will hit in waves, you can be going along and be fine then all of sudden a wave hits you and you're not okay. This is normal. If you can join a support group it really does help with the journey.

I lost my sister unexpectedly two months ago. Everyday just to get out of bed is a effort. Be gentle with yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #1993
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you.

Yes, life must go on, there's no help for that. Fortunately I have the rest of my family (my sister and nieces and their children), we talk about our feelings with each other and it's a big support. My sister is taking it harder than I, because she planned to invite Dad to live with her in the future (she has her own house). There's also our Mom, she lives with me and needs my support and help every day. Her physical health is pretty good for her age, but her emotional health not so much (she has anxiety problems). So I cannot just sit around and think about my loss all the time, and I think it's actually a good thing. You have to go on with your life, after all.

Being here on MR is also a big help, I can think about something else while I'm here. It's one of the most interesting and pleasant forums I've ever visited. So many knowledgeable members, discussions are intelligent and people are nice. At the same time it's not one of those places where all members must toe the party line and no "dissidents" are tolerated. Here people disagree and argue, but they do so politely and without insulting each other (or at least they try to.) It's great, being a member here.

Thank you, MobileRead.

Last edited by Sirtel; 07-06-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #1994
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I lost my sister unexpectedly two months ago. Everyday just to get out of bed is a effort. Be gentle with yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7
My deepest sympathy to you, Blossom. Yes, it's hard to lose someone so suddenly. But I find a tiny comfort in the thought that for the deceased it was perhaps better this way. My father didn't have to spend weeks in a hospital, slowly fading. He went out like a candle - there was a flame and at the next moment, there was not. I'm certain he would have preferred it this way.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #1995
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Sincere condolences for your unexpected loss Sirtel

And yes, MobileRead can give you somewhere pleasant to visit to get away from that other reality ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote