Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Deutsches Forum > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 AM   #16
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes, that's correct. But additionally you have to remember when to use only one "s".

For instance, "kuss" (kiss) and "bus" are spoken with the same short "u"-sound.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:24 AM   #17
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'll post a picture of my "Handwörterbuch" when it arrives. I don't think it'll look like that .

Am I correct in thinking that the new rule is that "ß" is only used after a long vowel sound? So you have "dass" and "Schloss", but "Straße"? I guess that makes it easier to remember when to use "ß" and when to use "ss".
Yes and "ß" is used after to vocals, like "weiß". Many of the changes were good. This one and the liberation of the punctuation were the best.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote