Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Today, 06:02 AM   #32086
cc_in_oh
Addict
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
OK, here's my rant for today. Twice now I've needed to buy an item, so checked around on line for prices and to see if in stock at a local store. I go to the store to get one only to find that the price is 20-30% higher than on-line. I have to actually order from the web site, then wait for the email telling me it's ready for in-store pickup. More work for me, more work for the store employees, and Jeff Bezos must be laughing all the way to the bank...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:59 PM   #32087
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:25 PM   #32088
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Cool! Errr, I mean ... hot stuff!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #32089
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo WiFi, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Acer 10'' Tablet
Ugh! I was biking to work this morning in the dedicated bike lane and this little, grey sedan, which was going quite a bit over the speed limit, dove in front on me in the bike lane, then dove back into the street in front of a utility truck. Thankfully, the sedan didn't kill me or cause the utility trick to rear-end it. People are such jerks!
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16 PM   #32090
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
[rant]As long as we're ranting and venting, why do I have to pay for bike lanes? After all, they take up valuable traffic lanes and parking places, and I pay exorbitant road and gasoline tax, and bicycles riders pay what? Nothing!

No; the cost of those bike lanes can run into the millions of dollars per mile, and it comes out of what? The general fund that's what, paid for by my property and sales tax.

There's one right in front of the clinic I use in Honolulu, and every time I leave the clinic in my car (which I pay $400+ per year in fees to use the streets and highways), I have to cross it. I look both ways and only rarely do I even see a bicycle in it. And when I do it has the right of way.[/rant]
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:59 PM   #32091
cc_in_oh
Addict
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
[rant]As long as we're ranting and venting, why do I have to pay for bike lanes? After all, they take up valuable traffic lanes and parking places, and I pay exorbitant road and gasoline tax, and bicycles riders pay what? Nothing!

No; the cost of those bike lanes can run into the millions of dollars per mile, and it comes out of what? The general fund that's what, paid for by my property and sales tax.

There's one right in front of the clinic I use in Honolulu, and every time I leave the clinic in my car (which I pay $400+ per year in fees to use the streets and highways), I have to cross it. I look both ways and only rarely do I even see a bicycle in it. And when I do it has the right of way.[/rant]
I was just reading that Seattle is spending $12M per mile on bike lanes. Somebody must be getting rich...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness