Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-27-2021, 06:05 PM   #2386
Blunay
Blunay began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
This would be better asked in the conversion forum.

One quick question is if you can open and read the kepub after it is imported to calibre using the e-book viewer?
Hi DNSB. Thanks for your reply.
also when I import into calibre and open the original file I see what I posted in the attachment.
What is it? why?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.png
Views:	182
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	191050  
Blunay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:57 PM   #2387
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Hmm, after archiving the book a second time I can't get it to replicate. I'm guessing something went weird with the first archive.
Did you sync to Kobo? Any sign of the archived book should be removed at the next sync. If the WiFi is on when you archive the book, it should happen immediately.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:12 PM   #2388
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yes, I had wi-fi on and did a manual sync after archiving on the Kobo website.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:06 PM   #2389
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Yes, I had wi-fi on and did a manual sync after archiving on the Kobo website.
For the first time, did you do the archive on the device? If so, then a sync would probably have prevented the error. I'll have to look when I have a chance.
Old 12-27-2021, 10:30 PM   #2390
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
No. I actually didn't knw you can archive from the device.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:38 AM   #2391
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.14.4

I have just released version 2.14.4 of the plugin. This is a bug-fix release to fix the problems with the ToC that was reported by @DaveLessnau.

The changes in this release are:
  • Change: Some code and comments cleanup.
  • Fix: If there were multiple copies of a book on the device, setting and removing fonts, only did one.
  • Fix: ToC rebuild for kepubs failed if the contentID had a dash followed by numbers in it. Should have anchored the regex to the end of the line.

As usual, calibre will announce the release in the next hour or so. And if there are any issues with the plugin, please report them here.
Old 12-29-2021, 08:31 AM   #2392
Barruel
Enthusiast
Barruel began at the beginning.

Device: 3 x Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 3 Manga Edition
Hi.

I'm using the "Device Database Backup" feature.

I use several devices and I'm backing their databases up to a folder under "Calibre folder\Backups\Deviceserial#".

I'm also using Calibre portable. As I seem to understand, the backup path is an absolute path. Can the backup path be relative to Calibre so it is also portable? Is that supported?

TIA

Last edited by Barruel; 12-29-2021 at 08:38 AM.
Barruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:29 AM   #2393
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I suspect that using the Calibre Config folder (as root) would be a good choice for those with multiple Libraries. Calibre (thus the PI) knows where that is on all platforms
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:02 AM   #2394
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barruel View Post
Hi.

I'm using the "Device Database Backup" feature.

I use several devices and I'm backing their databases up to a folder under "Calibre folder\Backups\Deviceserial#".

I'm also using Calibre portable. As I seem to understand, the backup path is an absolute path. Can the backup path be relative to Calibre so it is also portable? Is that supported?
Personally, my backup destination is completely removed from any calibre related directory. It's only a convenience to run this from calibre. But, I'll look at it when I get a change. If there is an easy way to get the calibre directory or drive, then it might be practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I suspect that using the Calibre Config folder (as root) would be a good choice for those with multiple Libraries. Calibre (thus the PI) knows where that is on all platforms
The backups are of the database and other files on the device. They are not directly related to any calibre library. And the configuration of the backups is not library specific.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #2395
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

The backups are of the database and other files on the device. They are not directly related to any calibre library. And the configuration of the backups is not library specific.
That is why I suggested the Config folder vs the Library folder. Config is per user.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:02 AM   #2396
Nonya
Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara HD
Whereas before updating to the latest it would convert to KEPUB flawlessly, after updating it now errors out on half of the books I'm currently trying to use it on.

2021-12-31 23:51:34 [INFO] Upgrading to EPUB 3...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 82, in <module>
File "site.py", line 77, in main
File "site.py", line 49, in run_entry_point
File "calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 216, in main
File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 41, in gui_convert_override
File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 28, in gui_convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1284, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.kepub_output" , line 146, in convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_output.py" , line 262, in convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_output.py" , line 304, in upgrade_to_epub3
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\upgrade.py", line 119, in epub_2_to_3
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\upgrade.py", line 41, in collect_properties
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 631, in parsed
KeyError: 'OEBPS/Text/MW'
Nonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:56 AM   #2397
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonya View Post
Whereas before updating to the latest it would convert to KEPUB flawlessly, after updating it now errors out on half of the books I'm currently trying to use it on.
And this has what to do with the Kobo Utilities plugin? It does no conversion from epub to kepub. What did you update? calibre (original version and update version would be nice). Plugins? If so, which plugins?

Are you using the Kobo Touch Extended driver? The Kepub Output plugin? There are fora for them.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:19 AM   #2398
Nonya
Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nonya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And this has what to do with the Kobo Utilities plugin? It does no conversion from epub to kepub. What did you update? calibre (original version and update version would be nice). Plugins? If so, which plugins?

Are you using the Kobo Touch Extended driver? The Kepub Output plugin? There are fora for them.
Nevermind, I'll just fix it myself by rolling back if I have to.

UPDATE: Removing the Kobo Utilities plugin resolved the issue.
Nonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:08 AM   #2399
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonya View Post
Nevermind, I'll just fix it myself by rolling back if I have to.

UPDATE: Removing the Kobo Utilities plugin resolved the issue.
How? The error you showed was not in the Kobo Utilities plugin. It is during a conversion to kepub. The Kobo Utilities plugin is not involved in conversions in any way.

In fact, the error happened during the part of the conversion that changed the output to follow epub3 standards. Leaving it as epub2 standards would probably have solved the problem, but, it might have hit the problem at a different point. I think it actually means there was an error in the OPF file or a missing file elsewhere in the book you were converting. But, I'd have to see the input file to be sure.

But, if you conversion was truly fixed by uninstalling the Kobo Utilities plugin, I really want to know what is going on so that it can be fixed. Can you install the plugin again and try the conversion?
Old 01-01-2022, 12:34 PM   #2400
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Noya, did you check the ePub with epubcheck to check for errors?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities