Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #181
jft
Enthusiast
jft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Absolutly right.

Sorry I was too lazy to create a package just for three bash scripts. My "storage" script is just the opposite of the usbnetwork script (rmmod g_ether, modprobe g_file_storage). The two other scripts - "qz.h" and "qx.h" - just call "usbnetwork" respectively "storage" and are located in the hotkey folder.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #182
hyruilan
hyruilan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by leader View Post
Oh, I also got another problem when telnet to kindle via usbnetwork. After a few minutes (maybe 2 or 3 min), the connection will be closed with a msg saying "Connection closed by foreign host". But I can reconnect to kindle again by using
Code:
telnet 192.168.2.2
Is there any idea for why this happen?
Well, I finally registered here. I figure, if I learned so much from this forum so far, I might as well start contributing.

Anyway, I had that problem too, and with some searching here I found out that stopping the netwatchd daemon will solve that problem. You can do that by executing /etc/init.d/netwatchd stop
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #183
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyruilan View Post
Well, I finally registered here. I figure, if I learned so much from this forum so far, I might as well start contributing.

Anyway, I had that problem too, and with some searching here I found out that stopping the netwatchd daemon will solve that problem. You can do that by executing /etc/init.d/netwatchd stop
Great first post and a solid contribution
Old 02-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #184
hoaxbox
hoaxbox began at the beginning.

Device: none
below >>>

Last edited by hoaxbox; 02-07-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #185
hoaxbox
hoaxbox began at the beginning.

Device: none
if anyone is having trouble installing the RNDIS driver on win7/vista

use this generic driver

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y1atutinfuj/linux.inf

Last edited by hoaxbox; 02-07-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #186
kindx
kindx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxi
timeout?

Hi,

even with netwatchd stop I run into any kind of timeout about 2 minutes after telnet. Connection is refused an ping stoppes to get answers.

[Update:] It was fixed by itself.

Any idea what it could be?
(DXI, Win7)

I would prefere if I could use the serial connection, but don't know the root password. So I added a new user, logging into works fine, but it would need root privileges. How to provide him?

[Update:] Oh, just setting new root password works fine too!

merci

Last edited by kindx; 02-11-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #187
leader
leader began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx global
As the firmware updated to 2.3.3, will there be any new usbnetwork packages releasing? I was doing some font replacing by "mount --bind" as I mentioned here.
Quote:
Code:
mntroot rw
mount --bind /mnt/us/fonts /usr/java/lib/fonts
/etc/init.d/framework restart
And if I wanted to keep 3G access at the same time, I also ran the commands below:
Code:
/mnt/us/usbnet/bin/usbnet-disable
But after updating to 2.3.3, it seems that I can't gain the 3G access again after doing the same things above. I'm confused. I can only enable the 3G access when I reboot the Kindle DX. And sometimes DX is frozen when I try to use "basic web" to test if I can get online.
Is there any ideas why this happened?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Last edited by leader; 02-15-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 AM   #188
leader
leader began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx global
Hi, there.
I do these things as said in #187 in another way now, so usbnetwork doesn't have to be activated for many times.
I write a script into init.d and make a symbol link in rcS.d so that font replacement automatically starts when Kindle boot up if there is an file called "AUTO" in /mnt/us/fonts. So everything is OK now.
Quote:
As the firmware updated to 2.3.3, will there be any new usbnetwork packages releasing? I was doing some font replacing by "mount --bind" as I mentioned here.
And if I wanted to keep 3G access at the same time, I also ran the commands below:
Code:
But after updating to 2.3.3, it seems that I can't gain the 3G access again after doing the same things above. I'm confused. I can only enable the 3G access when I reboot the Kindle DX. And sometimes DX is frozen when I try to use "basic web" to test if I can get online.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #189
gentheaven
gentheaven began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
to hippocratesnoah

if you failed to update your kindle dx as hippocratesnoah.
700507:004006 ota_install: C defatchatchinfo="/opt/amazon/ebook/config/framework.mario.conf":checksum failure

solution: use usbnet
edit file opt/amazon/ebook/config/framework.mario.conf
USE_WAN : false
change to
USE_WAN : true

then saved changes, reboot kindle DX.
Then you update to 2.3, may OK.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #190
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
Which version of package of usbNetwork should be used with 2.3.3? I found ver 5 and ver 11.
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #191
jamessz
jamessz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
thanks
Old 03-31-2010, 06:04 AM   #192
pdiazs
pdiazs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX US
Some further questions

First af all my most sincere thank you for your help in this forum.

Unfortunately i´m not familiar with Linux Programming, so I dont know what should I do with the code you provide. Ive search on this subject on the forum and I´ve seen nothing.

Another question Ive been gathering around, Ive got the US kindleDX, bit I live in Spain, is there anyway to use the wireless connection in this situation?

Thank you again.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #193
bzImage
Enthusiast
bzImage doesn't litterbzImage doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Code:
Using firmware 2.3.3 on K2i i have the same problem.. did you found any solution to have the 3G alive an also be able to telnet/ssh to the kindle ?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #194
renkan13
renkan13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX (US)
Did anyone get an idea how to make usbnetwork work on a 2.5 firmware KindleDX US? It seems that the Version 11 does not work on 2.5 firmware.
Thank you.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #195
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
The developers have to get their hands on the 2.5 file before anything can be done.
Closed Thread

Tags
kindle usb network