Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-19-2022, 12:58 PM   #46
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I’ll send it sometime today. Thanks for following up.
Your requested feature has been implemented. We are awaiting for Apple App Store to approve our new updated version so please update your app when it is available. Hope you will be happy with it

Last edited by calibre_sync; 04-19-2022 at 01:08 PM.
calibre_sync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 01:51 PM   #47
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibre_sync View Post
Your requested feature has been implemented. We are awaiting for Apple App Store to approve our new updated version so please update your app when it is available. Hope you will be happy with it
I'll look out for it
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2022, 06:10 PM   #48
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibre_sync View Post
I already replied via email but wanted to come here to say how pleased I am with the update - the links (identifiers) work perfectly
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #49
SoccerDad91016
Enthusiast
SoccerDad91016 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD 8, Microsoft Surface Go 3
Are there any plans for a Windows version of Calibre Sync? Would be useful to sync to my Surface Go
SoccerDad91016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:24 PM   #50
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Found a weird issue. I have CS setup to access some calibre-web instances. If the title of an Epub includes a ":", the download appears to work but CS is unable to open the book.

And yes; email has been sent with two simple test ebooks; one with a colon and one without.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2022, 08:37 AM   #51
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Found a weird issue. I have CS setup to access some calibre-web instances. If the title of an Epub includes a ":", the download appears to work but CS is unable to open the book.

And yes; email has been sent with two simple test ebooks; one with a colon and one without.

Well it's now fixed! I must say the developers are very responsive

Old 04-24-2022, 05:35 PM   #52
BillCalibre
BillCalibre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Download Metadata Only?...and other questions

Hello. I've just this moment purchase and installed Calibre Sync for my IPad. I've had Calibre Companion for quite some time, but am not interested in subscribing to a monthly payment (something added after I had purchased it).

I began to use it to access my VERY large Calibre library from my computer in another room via wifi, but stopped because I don't know what happens next (I couldn't find documentation) and don't wish to flood my iPad memory, hence my questions:

1. Is there a manual I could read to learn more specifically what this app does?

2. Is it possible to ONLY download metadata to my iPad (at least initially) - ie Not the actual book itself?

3. If so, can I decide which metadata to download (eg, covers / no covers, descriptions, authors / no descriptions, authors, etc)?

4. Can filter not only which metadata per book to download, but also the metadata from a filtered set of books?

5. I see that I can use this app to copy my library to my OneDrive service and keep both copies synced. I am looking forward to exploring that option later to be able to travel (away from my home Calibre library) and yet be able to access at least a subset of my library.

If I start that process from your app (selecting OneDrive as my destination for the copy) can I use your app to filter and select WHICH books to move there (again, I only have enough space on OneDrive for only a part of my library)?

Once that is done (if that is possible) will the app remember which books are there so I can add more later without uploading duplicates? ...allow me to safely remove other books previously uploaded while still keeping them on my home library?

Again, thank you for providing an alternative to Calibre Companion. Once I feel a little safer (yes, my library is backed up, but still...) I look forward to exploring the app

Cheers

Bill
BillCalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:59 PM   #53
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

The app downloads to your device what I'd call a catalogue of all contents in the library you point it too.

In my case I point it to a calibre-web database. Calibre-sync then downloads all book titles / metadata (including series data) and book covers. I believe the downloading of covers is optional.

I'm then able to browse the library on my phone and download any actual books I want.

Calibre-sync does not in itself copy data from your calibre library to any of the locations it supports such as OneDrive or Google Drive; rather it depends on YOU having a process to copy data to the location in question.

Old 04-24-2022, 11:19 PM   #54
BillCalibre

Calibre Sync Documentation?

Thanks Peter

Your answer gave me the courage to point to a much smaller library to test.

I'm still struggling to figure out some of the app's icons, though. I've gone through the relevant FAQs, but am still unable to grasp the 'big picture' of what this app does though. Is there a manual I can read?
Old 04-25-2022, 09:06 AM   #55
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not aware of a manual. I do find the developers very responsive. The only documentation I know is the website https://calibresync.bitbucket.io/

Old 04-25-2022, 12:10 PM   #56
BillCalibre

Thanks Peter

I'll play around a little more, then. Thanks Peter
Old 04-28-2022, 10:56 AM   #57
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I wonder if it would be possible to have tags/collections available as a primary view? I know I can drill down through tags in the filter menu, but with a large library it would simplify matters to start with tags/collections when the app is launched (as an option of course).
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:48 PM   #58
SoccerDad91016
Enthusiast
SoccerDad91016 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD 8, Microsoft Surface Go 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDad91016 View Post
Are there any plans for a Windows version of Calibre Sync? Would be useful to sync to my Surface Go
Follow up to my own question. If no plans to create a windows version. Perhaps making this available on the Amazon App store?

I have been successfully loading the Android Subsystem on Windows 11, unfortunately by default it uses the Amazon App store instead of the Google Play store.
SoccerDad91016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 04:36 PM   #59
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Follow up to my own question. If no plans to create a windows version. Perhaps making this available on the Amazon App store?

I have been successfully loading the Android Subsystem on Windows 11, unfortunately by default it uses the Amazon App store instead of the Google Play store.
Hi,

Luckily, we also release the app on Amazon Appstore at https://www.amazon.com/Truc-Nguyen-C...le-apps&sr=1-1, please check it out
Old 04-29-2022, 04:40 PM   #60
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi, we are still considering Windows platform option as normally if users are on Windows, they can simply use Calibre desktop

Tags
calibre, mobile, sync