Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-18-2022, 05:34 PM   #16
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I just got the app and I linked it to a copy of my library in OneDrive. It's downloading covers now - is there a way to pause this action at will? I'm concerned when I go out with my phone it'll use my data to continue downloading.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 06:44 PM   #17
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I just got the app and I linked it to a copy of my library in OneDrive. It's downloading covers now - is there a way to pause this action at will? I'm concerned when I go out with my phone it'll use my data to continue downloading.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for letting us know about your concern. This issue has been noted and we will add the option for users to select downloading only via wifi in a few days.
calibre_sync is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2022, 10:20 AM   #18
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Just got this and so far I’m very pleased. The only thing I haven’t found that I would like, is a way to include custom metadata (columns I have in Calibre that show Source and when Read. ).
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:55 AM   #19
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibre_sync View Post
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for letting us know about your concern. This issue has been noted and we will add the option for users to select downloading only via wifi in a few days.
After playing around with the app a bit more, I realize this is not such a big deal. I noticed if the app is idle for a while, downloading will stop. Also, if you close the app and reopen it, downloads will only resume if you select it. However, giving users the option to download only via wifi is ideal.
Old 03-19-2022, 11:09 AM   #20
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
Just got this and so far I’m very pleased. The only thing I haven’t found that I would like, is a way to include custom metadata (columns I have in Calibre that show Source and when Read. ).
Try the Filter function at the bottom of the screen; *all your columns should be there. (*maybe not columns which populate data based on the value of other columns; I don't see my Speed column there.)

I'm really liking this app so far. At first I was sad about not seeing my virtual libraries but I found I could easily replicate them using the Virtual view function :
Advert
Old 03-19-2022, 01:13 PM   #21
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
Please could you send your queries to calibre.sync.help@gmail.com so we can help you utilizing our app
Old 03-19-2022, 01:18 PM   #22
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Try the Filter function at the bottom of the screen; *all your columns should be there. (*maybe not columns which populate data based on the value of other columns; I don't see my Speed column there.)

I'm really liking this app so far. At first I was sad about not seeing my virtual libraries but I found I could easily replicate them using the Virtual view function :
Great to hear you enjoying our app. We still improve Virtual view and would love to hear your experience with it
Old 03-20-2022, 01:58 AM   #23
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i did notice, when doing some experimental remove & replace my calibre library in the app, that it will then begin to download 2000+ covers, many of which I will never look at.
i thought I noticed some relevant tick boxes but if not, then an option to NOT download all the covers for an entire calibre library may suit some customers with limited space/ bandwidth.
you don't have to see the covers in order to download your chosen author/ series/ titles- so have a configurable text based low bandwidth option ?
(esp as some readers will extract a cover from the epub to display on the reader " shelves", and will not use the separate cover image from calibre anyway.)
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:41 AM   #24
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
i did notice, when doing some experimental remove & replace my calibre library in the app, that it will then begin to download 2000+ covers, many of which I will never look at.
i thought I noticed some relevant tick boxes but if not, then an option to NOT download all the covers for an entire calibre library may suit some customers with limited space/ bandwidth.
you don't have to see the covers in order to download your chosen author/ series/ titles- so have a configurable text based low bandwidth option ?
(esp as some readers will extract a cover from the epub to display on the reader " shelves", and will not use the separate cover image from calibre anyway.)
When you create a library for a first time, there is a tick box option to not download book covers.
If you accidentially ticked the box to download all covers for a large library, you are still able to cancel that (if it is still ongoing) via opening library infor and there should be a cancel sync button available.

After that you can download book cover individually via "Redownload cover" option from book view page.

Cover is optional, all the functionalities with book still work without cover.

About configurable text based for low bandwidth option, it is something that we will definitely consider, thank you for the suggestion

Last edited by calibre_sync; 03-20-2022 at 04:42 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-20-2022, 07:28 AM   #25
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is it possible to get some kind of progress bar for Smart Device sync process?
This could be very helpful if large library (2-4k books to sync, some of them are large (50-500 Mb)) is being sync 1st time. Calibre just show if sync done. Calibre Sync doesn't show anything. Calibre Companion shows progress bar file for specific boks and for metada ops.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:36 PM   #26
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Is it possible to get some kind of progress bar for Smart Device sync process?
This could be very helpful if large library (2-4k books to sync, some of them are large (50-500 Mb)) is being sync 1st time. Calibre just show if sync done. Calibre Sync doesn't show anything. Calibre Companion shows progress bar file for specific boks and for metada ops.
That feature is in our plan, please stay tuned for future versions of the app
Old 03-20-2022, 07:45 PM   #27
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Currently series data is not transferred

Seems the API calibre sync uses does not include series data

Note: this is using a library served by calibre-web

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited by PeterT; 03-20-2022 at 09:17 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:44 PM   #28
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Currently series data is not transferred

Seems the API calibre sync uses does not include series data

I’m getting series data
Old 03-20-2022, 09:16 PM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I’m getting series data
From calibre-web???

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:26 PM   #30
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
From calibre-web???

Oh sorry, I’m not using calibre-web.

Tags
calibre, mobile, sync