Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-26-2022, 08:32 AM   #1
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Smile Calibre Sync for Android & iOS

Hi all,

I am the developer of Calibre Sync that provides all in one solution for synchronisation of libraries to your mobile device.

https://calibresync.bitbucket.io/

Please check it out, we are releasing frequent updates and it is availble for both Android and iOS.

calibre_sync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:09 PM   #2
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Excellent application, I have been using it for several years, without any problem.
Do you plan to add translation support?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2022, 07:29 AM   #3
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Excellent application, I have been using it for several years, without any problem.
Do you plan to add translation support?
Thanks for your support. About other languages in the interface, yes, definitely it is on our roadmap.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:41 PM   #4
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibre_sync View Post
Thanks for your support. About other languages in the interface, yes, definitely it is on our roadmap.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:24 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibre_sync View Post
Hi all,

I am the developer of Calibre Sync that provides all in one solution for synchronisation of libraries to your mobile device.

https://calibresync.bitbucket.io/

Please check it out, we are releasing frequent updates and it is availble for both Android and iOS.

How do users get support?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2022, 12:50 PM   #6
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
We have email support at calibre.sync.help@gmail.com, please drop your suggestion, feedbacks or issues to the mailbox, we're happy to help
Old 03-08-2022, 08:00 PM   #7
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I've just downloaded this app on iphone and it's exactly what I've been wanting for at least a couple of years! I'm going to play around with it for a bit and maybe email some feedback/suggestions later on great work
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:20 PM   #8
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanahk View Post
I've just downloaded this app on iphone and it's exactly what I've been wanting for at least a couple of years! I'm going to play around with it for a bit and maybe email some feedback/suggestions later on great work
Thank you for supporting us. We always welcome feedbacks from users
Old 03-12-2022, 07:52 PM   #9
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
And I attest that they answer the questions and solve the problems.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:06 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
been using c-s for ages on 2 tablets but I have a couple of issues
on my newer tablet [ android 9 i think ] - all seems good except that I cannot seem to select an SD card location as default download directory - it will only use main internal storage

on my older android 7 lenovo tablet, every download gets an unwanted suffix - a long string of random characters , added to end of filename. a dash then maybe 16 characters every time, is suffixed.
so if"book title - book author.epub" is downloaded by calibre sync - from dropbox to device - ,it arrives as
"book title - book author-garbage character string.epub"
same with pdf.
its more noticable in pdf as the variosu pdf readers display that additional nonsense, whereas moon reader will hide it , for epubs.
this is before sync invokes a reader app, its at the download stage, before the "open" stage.
i wasted ages trying to figure out why. i guess its just how the app works in android 7 and is not fixable ?
changing the default download location does not change this behaviour. The tablet has an sd card which has been adopted for additional storage, so I see a single large storage area.
if i do the apps job for it - i.e. go to calibre library in dropbox using the installed dropbox android app, , select a book file, export it via save to device, then the filename is not messed with by dropbox or android, it works like it should.

Last edited by stumped; 03-16-2022 at 02:08 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 04:41 AM   #11
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
been using c-s for ages on 2 tablets but I have a couple of issues
on my newer tablet [ android 9 i think ] - all seems good except that I cannot seem to select an SD card location as default download directory - it will only use main internal storage

on my older android 7 lenovo tablet, every download gets an unwanted suffix - a long string of random characters , added to end of filename. a dash then maybe 16 characters every time, is suffixed.
so if"book title - book author.epub" is downloaded by calibre sync - from dropbox to device - ,it arrives as
"book title - book author-garbage character string.epub"
same with pdf.
its more noticable in pdf as the variosu pdf readers display that additional nonsense, whereas moon reader will hide it , for epubs.
this is before sync invokes a reader app, its at the download stage, before the "open" stage.
i wasted ages trying to figure out why. i guess its just how the app works in android 7 and is not fixable ?
changing the default download location does not change this behaviour. The tablet has an sd card which has been adopted for additional storage, so I see a single large storage area.
if i do the apps job for it - i.e. go to calibre library in dropbox using the installed dropbox android app, , select a book file, export it via save to device, then the filename is not messed with by dropbox or android, it works like it should.

About android 9 cannot select sdcard: it is an unexpected behaviour as we haven't seen reported issue, also it works in all our tests. Could you email your issue to us at calibre.sync.help@gmail.com so that we can look further?

About the characters appending to book title in downloaded files, they are actually book UUID. It is our design choice to make the download filename unique in download directory. The use case, for example, is that users might have multiple libraries point to a single download location, keeping only book title might have a chance of clashing name. If you manage your library from Calibre Sync app, it should understand the file name pattern correctly.

Hope that helps
Old 03-16-2022, 06:12 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just so people know, the current version (3.6.0) does support calibre-web. I'm currently having some issues downloading books via it, but am working with their support (who are very responsive) on my problems.

It's worth noting that the calibre web server is specified as it's base url (ie without the /opds suffix).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 06:45 PM   #13
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I can also attest to the responsiveness of the devs, I emailed some feedback last week and they have already incorporated several suggestions into the app. Very pleased
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:58 AM   #14
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
About android 9 cannot select sdcard: it is an unexpected behaviour as we haven't seen reported issue, also it works in all our tests. Could you email your issue to us at calibre.sync.help@gmail.com so that we can look further?

ok - after more testing, i think i got it to work - but its a confusing process, to change the default download folder and get the change to stick

About the characters appending to book title in downloaded files, they are actually book UUID.

ok - but it would be better to make that a user controlled toggle. My use case is that I only have one library, and i much prefer that the filenames on every device match those in the master library
in the case where I have scanned in one song from a music book, then named the scanned PDF suitably, how is the UUID being generated. because there is no actual UUID capture in that workflow:
[ I scan selected music book pages on PC, open scanned pdf, type in title and author into [blank fields in ] document properties, save again... add to calibre... use sync to get a copy of the song music from there onto target tablet(s)

if i delete the on device file, then later I change my mind and download it again, will it get same appended UUID as before, or not ?

It is our design choice to make the download filename unique in download directory. The use case, for example, is that users might have multiple libraries point to a single download location, keeping only book title might have a chance of clashing name. If you manage your library from Calibre Sync app, it should understand the file name pattern correctly.

Hope that helps
yes, thanks

Last edited by stumped; 03-17-2022 at 03:03 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 06:27 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Success calibre-web downloads now work (as of version 3.6.1). I was able to supply some debugging info last night and they just pushed a fix to the Google Play Store.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mobile, sync