Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
JP91306
Connoisseur
JP91306 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Calibre Companion No Longer Works

I can access my Calibre library and SEE the lists of books, but clicking on any book goes to a page that says LABEL. None of the metadata information or the option to Download or Read is there as before. It is still in my computer library, of course.

Connection works and the listings are all there.

First noticed this on 9/30/2020.

What has happened here ?

Thank you,

jp
JP91306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:00 PM   #2
Petrarch
Petrarch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I cannot get CC on my iPad to connect with C on my Mac. On both devices, the OS is up to date. I am now using cloud transfers instead.
Petrarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
lchatc
lchatc
lchatc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook and iPad
I am having the same problem as JP91306. I have successfully transferred books to an iPad for several years, adapting with the times. Now, I can see the book in the Calibre Companion list, but when I try to open, I get a page that says Label. All iOS is up to date. I have paid for the subscription twice: once with the previous owners (that should have been a lifetime subscription), and again last year. I am not necessarily technically savvy. But can follow directions well.
Can anyone help us?
Thanks,
lch
lchatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #4
lchatc
lchatc
lchatc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook and iPad
Calibre Companion not working with iOS - Solution

Hi. I found a solution. I downgraded Calibre to 4.23.0 and Companion worked. Something in the 5.0... version is preventing Companion from transferring data.
lchatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:39 AM   #5
JP91306
Connoisseur

Has anyone found a fix other than that?

Koval, are you working on this?

Thanks.

jp
Advert
Old 10-04-2020, 05:13 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP91306 View Post
Has anyone found a fix other than that?

Koval, are you working on this?

Thanks.

jp
I suspect you mean 'kovid'.

The wireless device in V5 works fine for me with CC V5.4.4.1. The koreader developer also reports that it works fine with koreader. This implies that the problem is on the CC side. Nothing I can do about that.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:08 AM   #7
jps1850
jps1850 began at the beginning.

Device: LG V40 Thin Q
I asked about this on 9/29/20 but I made the mistake of posting in the Calibre forum instead of here, No one has responded. Here is the link to the post I made.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=333589

I am on a Windows 10 pc with android phone and tablet.
jps1850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:24 AM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I suspect you mean 'kovid'.

The wireless device in V5 works fine for me with CC V5.4.4.1. The koreader developer also reports that it works fine with koreader. This implies that the problem is on the CC side. Nothing I can do about that.
Actually, I was able to connect with no problem using CC V2.0.13(12) [latest and greatest] connecting to Calibre 5.1 both wireless and content server. This is running Calibre 5.1 on a mac and CC on an iPhone.

Not sure what the original poster's issue is, but it's working for me.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:27 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Not sure what the original poster's issue is, but it's working for me.
I suspect the antivirus. It thinks calibre 5 is evil but has come to terms with calibre 4. It also could be MDNS (bonjour). That is easily tested by putting the calibre machine's IP address into CC's settings.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:51 AM   #10
jps1850
jps1850 began at the beginning.

Device: LG V40 Thin Q
Just checked with my tablet and that worked. I've always let it automatically connect without entering an ip address. Thanks.
jps1850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1850 View Post
I asked about this on 9/29/20 but I made the mistake of posting in the Calibre forum instead of here, No one has responded. Here is the link to the post I made.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=333589

I am on a Windows 10 pc with android phone and tablet.
I run an older (multipie)version of CC on a Tab A with Calibre 5.1 without issue (both WDC and Content Server).

You may have other issues. Can you use the Browser on your device to access the content server?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #12
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Interestingly, I managed to duplicate the error on my tablet. The trick was to connect first as a content server, then select the book you want to download. Wireless server works fine.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #13
JP91306
Connoisseur

Ooops...I did, in fact, mean KOVID GOYAL. Brain malfunction. Sorry

Still need to fix this. Please.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:39 PM   #14
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP91306 View Post
Ooops...I did, in fact, mean KOVID GOYAL. Brain malfunction. Sorry

Still need to fix this. Please.
I think it needs to be fixed by the developer of Calibre Companion, not Kovid Goyal, who is the developer of Calibre.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #15
JP91306
Connoisseur

I see your point. I wish SOMEONE would fix it. Earlier posts implied that the latest update of Calibre "broke" linkage. I don't know WHO needs to fix WHAT. Perhaps a communication between the two developers? Obviously, the users can't fix it.

Thanks,

jp

Tags
calibre companion, companion