Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
jastevenson
jastevenson began at the beginning.

Device: Several
Arrow Kindle app upgraded to 2.0

The Amazon Kindle for Android app has been quietly updated to v2.0, with the ereading software now supporting the retailer’s 100+ e-newspaper and e-magazine titles. Amazon has also brought their ebook store in-app, rather than relying on the browser-based mobile version, and enabled social network sharing of reading progress.

Features list/download page
jastevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
januaryman
Used DTBs & iPad User
januaryman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Of all the apps I've tried for e reading, Kindle is the best. Fast, responsive, and books that download instantaneously (for me). I like the app features nearly as much as iBooks, and really appreciate not having to jump to a browser to browse for book, or buy them online. iBook is nearly its equal, as I noted, Nook is pretty good, Kobo is not so good.

Slightly off topic - the B&N bookstore does carry their very nice line of cheap classics, that I think they call the B&N Classic Series, of which I own a few actual real copies. I find the e copies worth the added cost when compared to the freebies. There is actually valued added content. IMHO, that is.
januaryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert